Species of Thailand
Short-palmed bent-toed gecko
Binomial name: Cyrtodactylus brevipalmatus, Malcolm Arthur Smith, 1923
Also known Kampuchea bow-fingered gecko, the short-hand forest gecko (Cyrtodactylus brevipalmatus) is a species of gecko found in Thailand.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
This species has been reported from India and Cambodia possibly in error. The range may be limited to Southern Thailand and Northern Peninsular Malaysia according Merel J. Cox et al. (1998).
- Cyrtodactylus brevipalmatus
- German: Kurzhand-Bogenfingergecko
- Short-palmed bent-toed gecko
- Short-hand forest gecko
- Kampuchea bow-fingered gecko
- Web-footed bent-toed gecko
- Thai: ตุ๊กกายโคนนิ้วติด
- Cyrtodactylus brevipalmatus, Herbert Rösler (2000)
- Cyrtodactylus brevipalmatus, Merel J. Cox et al. (1998)
- Cyrtodactylus brevipalmatus, Ulrich Manthey & Wolfgang Grossmann (1997)
- Cyrtodactylus brevipalmatus, Edward Harrison Taylor (1963)
- Gymnodactylus brevipalmatus, Malcolm Arthur Smith (1923)
Range map of Cyrtodactylus brevipalmatus in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.