Private Tour | 2-days/1-night private tour in Cheow Lan Lake
This is a private tour offer, for the group tour option, please visit following page.
Situated between Khao Sok National Park and Klong Saeng Wildlife Sanctuary, Cheow Lan Lake has one of the most beautiful scenic views in Thailand. The lake deserves more than one night of stay, but if you only can stay one night, you will still be able to enjoy few activities with this tour. The tour includes stay in raft houses on remote areas of the lake.
A 2 day tour includes boat tours to scenic rock formations, hiking, wildlife watching and kayaking.
- Drop off at local market for 15 minutes shopping (optional)
- Arrive at Rajjapraba Dam, board your longtail boat
- Scenic tour of Guilin rock formations on the way to Kraisorn Raft House
- Check in to raft house (deluxe or basic bamboo with shared bathrooms). Enjoy a traditional Thai Lunch prepared with rich southern Thai curries, delicious local vegetables, and fruit for dessert.
- Guided hike to see viewpoints on dry season or to a waterfall on rainy season (optional)
- Afternoon wildlife safari by boat
- Return to the raft house for a swim, relax and enjoy the scenery
- Enjoy a delectable dinner of fish, Thai soup, and veggies.
- Rise before breakfast for the morning mist safari, the best time to see gibbons, macaques, and dusky leaf monkeys
- Return to raft house for breakfast
- Explore the surrounding area by kayak
- Checkout from hotel 10 am
Where & When?
The tour starts in Takun town, near Rajjapraba Dam, 65 km from park headquarters at southeast of Cheow Lan Lake. It is easy to get there with buses operating from various destinations like Bangkok, Phuket, Krabi or Surat Thani. Private transfers by taxi or minivan can be arranged on request. This tour is operated all year round.
Krai Son Raft House (traditional bamboo, basic stay)
Krai Son is perched at the entrance to Klong Yee in the center of the lake. It is equipped with traditional style bamboo bungalows (2 pax, double beds) and has shared bathroom facilities on land next to the raft house. It is the only raft house on the lake with a view of sunrise and sunset. Local attractions include a viewpoint hike which overlooks the entire lake, and it is close by to the Klong Saeng wildlife sanctuary which has the best possibility for seeing gaur, gibbons and even wild elephants.
Phupa Waree Raft House (deluxe)
Phupa Waree is set back in a private alcove just inside Klong Pey. It features modern rooms with 2 queen size beds. Equipped with private bathrooms, hot showers, and balconies and can accomodate 2-4 people. This raft house is nearby to Bang Hoi waterfall, the viewpoint hike, and Klong Saeng Wildlife Sanctuary.
Please note that groups of 3 must share 1 room or pay a 2,500 Baht supplement for a single room.
The private option of this tour will be led by a private guide which means no others will join you while exploring the lake and surrounding areas. The price for this tour package depends on the choice of accommodation and number of people, please see price per person further down.
The prices below does not include entrance fees to the national park and VAT.
Tour rates include:
- Lodging, bamboo or deluxe
- English speaking guide
- Longtail boat transportations
- All meals & fruit
- Drinking water
Tour rates doesn't include:
- Entrance fees to the park
|Rate per person|
|2||6,300 THB||8,100 THB||(private tour)|
|3||4,800 THB||6,600 THB||(private tour)|
|4||4,000 THB||5,800 THB||(private tour)|
|5||3,500 THB||5,400 THB||(private tour)|
|6 and up||3,300 THB||5,100 THB||(private tour)|
Reviews from our guests
We appreciate your feedback after the tour when booking with us.
By: Bjorn Grenness, Norway | posted Mon 22 Jul, 2019
We had a nice trip with a good guide. The stay on the the rafthouse was good.
Tour operator's response
Thanks for your kind words - we are glad to know you enjoyed the program and the raft house.
By: Rahul Bose, India | posted Wed 5 Jun, 2019
Location is exceptional in terms of scenic beauty. Guide is very friendly and reliable.
Size of the room is quite small and bathroom doesn't have much accessories.
Food is below average. Except for guide, hardly anyone understands English in the hotel.
By: Francesca Magno, Greece | posted Wed 26 Dec, 2018
What to say ... amazing trip, beautiful people....unique places,would stay more next time !
A special thank to Nam, dedicated to make people feel home in such a paradise!
Tour operator's response
We are so glad you had a good time at the lake - and appreciate the positive feedback.
By: Justine Parnis, Malta | posted Sat 6 Oct, 2018
The park itself was very beautiful and peaceful however the service could have been much better. We were told that we would be having basic accomodation but I do expect clean sheets, toilet paper, towels and soap even in basic accomodation. The food provided wasn't bad however other tours living in the same accomodation had much better food. The wildlife safari included in the tour wasn't what one might expect either. We only saw a couple of monkeys in the distance.
Tour operator's response
I a very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by the service on your trip, and it did not meet your expectations. I agree that the standard of the bungalows could be improved, but they are owned by the national park, so we don't have a final say in the matter.
As for the wildlife, I apologize that there were not so many animals during your trip - normally, the ability to see animals can change with the weather and time of year.
I appreciate your honest and open feedback, and we will improve the website to better explain the difference between a private and group tour.
Tour details in short:
- Duration: 2 days, 1 night
- Type: Private
- Price: 3,300 - 7,500 THB per person
- Group size: 1 or more people
- Grade: Easy
- Transport: Longtail boat
- Start: 10am (Day 1)
- End: 1pm - 2pm (Day 2)
What to bring:
- Rain clothing, specially on rainy season
- Personal toiletries
- Swimming clothing
- Insect repellent
- Sunblock lotion
All Khao Sok tours
- 2 days, 1 night | Spirit of Khao Sok
- 3 days, 2 nights | Forest room including 1 day Khao Sok Lake tour
- 3 days, 2 nights | 1 night at Riverside Cottages and 1 night at Floating Bungalows
- 2-days/1-night private tour in Cheow Lan Lake
- 2-days/1-night in Cheow Lan Lake
- 3-days/2-nights private tour in Cheow Lan Lake
- 4-days/3-nights wildlife tour in Khao Sok Lake (Klong Yee)