2-days/1-night tour in Cheow Lan Lake
Situated between Khao Sok National Park and Klong Saeng Wildlife Sanctuary, Cheow Lan Lake has one of the most beautiful scenic views in Thailand. The lake deserves more than one night of stay, but if you only can stay one night, you will still be able to enjoy few activities with this tour. The tour includes stay in raft houses on remote areas of the lake.
A 2 day tour includes boat tours to scenic rock formations, hiking, wildlife watching and kayaking.
- Drop off at local market for 15 minutes shopping (optional)
- Arrive at Rajjapraba Dam, board your longtail boat
- Scenic tour of Guilin rock formations on the way to Kraisorn Raft House
- Check in to raft house (deluxe or basic bamboo with shared bathrooms). Enjoy a traditional Thai Lunch prepared with rich southern Thai curries, delicious local vegetables, and fruit for dessert.
- Guided hike to see viewpoints on dry season or to a waterfall on rainy season (optional)
- Afternoon wildlife safari by boat
- Return to the raft house for a swim, relax and enjoy the scenery
- Enjoy a delectable dinner of fish, Thai soup, and veggies.
- Rise before breakfast for the morning mist safari, the best time to see gibbons, macaques, and dusky leaf monkeys
- Return to raft house for breakfast
- Explore the surrounding area by kayak
- Checkout from hotel 10 am
Where & When?
The tour starts in Takun town, near Rajjapraba Dam, 65 km from park headquarters at southeast of Cheow Lan Lake. It is easy to get there with buses operating from various destinations like Bangkok, Phuket, Krabi or Surat Thani. Private transfers by taxi or minivan can be arranged on request. This tour is operated all year round.
Krai Son Raft House (traditional bamboo, basic stay)
Krai Son is perched at the entrance to Klong Yee in the center of the lake. It is equipped with traditional style bamboo bungalows (2 pax, double beds) and has shared bathroom facilities on land next to the raft house. It is the only raft house on the lake with a view of sunrise and sunset. Local attractions include a viewpoint hike which overlooks the entire lake, and it is close by to the Klong Saeng wildlife sanctuary which has the best possibility for seeing gaur, gibbons and even wild elephants.
Phupa Waree Raft House (deluxe)
Phupa Waree is set back in a private alcove just inside Klong Pey. It features modern rooms with 2 queen size beds. Equipped with private bathrooms, hot showers, and balconies and can accomodate 2-4 people. This raft house is nearby to Bang Hoi waterfall, the viewpoint hike, and Klong Saeng Wildlife Sanctuary.
Please note that groups of 3 must share 1 room or pay a 2,500 Baht supplement for a single room.
The private option of this tour will be led by a private guide which means no others will join you while exploring the lake and surrounding areas. It is also possible to join a group tour with other guests. The price for this tour package depends on the choice of accommodation, type of tour and group size, please see price per person further down.
The prices below does not include entrance fees to the national park and VAT.
Tour rates include:
- Lodging, bamboo or deluxe
- English speaking guide
- Longtail boat transportations
- All meals & fruit
- Drinking water
Tour rates doesn't include:
- Entrance fees to the park
|Rate per person|
|1||2,600 THB||n/a||(group tour, 2,700 Baht from Nov 2018)|
|2||6,300 THB||8,100 THB||(private tour)|
|3||4,800 THB||6,600 THB||(private tour)|
|4||4,000 THB||5,800 THB||(private tour)|
|5||3,300 THB||5,400 THB||(private tour)|
|6 and up||3,000 THB||5,100 THB||(private tour)|
Reviews from our guests
We appreciate your feedback after the tour when booking with us.
Tour details in short:
- Duration: 2 days, 1 night
- Type: Private or group tour
- Price: 2,400 - 7,500 THB per person
- Group size: 1 or more people
- Grade: Easy
- Transport: Longtail boat
- Start: 10am (Day 1)
- End: 1pm - 2pm (Day 2)
What to bring:
- Rain clothing, specially on rainy season
- Personal toiletries
- Swimming clothing
- Insect repellent
- Sunblock lotion