Private Tour | Doi Inthanon National Park day tour
Also known as "The Roof of Thailand", Doi Inthanon is the highest point in Thailand at 2,565 meters above sea level. The national park is one of the best in northern Thailand, home to many attractions and a popular destination for birders. The park has a great diversity of forest types throughout different altitudes, at the higher altitudes the forests are humid all year round. The park entrance is about 70 km southwest of Chiang Mai.
A day-tour in Doi Inthanon National Park with an English speaking guide includes hiking, visiting the highest point in Thailand, Two Chedis, waterfalls and Hmong hill tribe market. The transfer will be with a SUV or minivan, both options spacious and comfortable and with a/c, we use only relatively new cars.
Doi Inthanon has only two official trails which can be walked in around 1.5 to 2 hours (each) of which one is closed during the rainy seasons but there is also a shorter trail near the summit, less than a kilometer long.
If you are after hiking longer trails, you are recommended to book a Doi Suthep-Pui National Park trekking tour. Doi Suthep-Pui has many more trails from a few kilometers up to 10-12 km long.
This is an example itinerary, which can be adapted according to your needs. The program may change depending on weather conditions, accessibility issues or any other obstacles. On eventual change of the itinerary we always make sure that the quality of our guests' experience and personal safety are safeguarded.
From 8 am to about 5 - 5:30 pm
- Our guide will pick you up from your accommodation with an a/c SUV or minivan 8 am
- The first stop will be the summit of Doi Inthanon which is the highest point in Thailand, we will drive all the way to the top.
- After enjoying the view we will embark on a beautiful nature trail called Kew Mae Pan Nature Trail, a local guide of the Hmong tribe will accompany us through unspoilt montane forests. When the skies are clear the views along this trail are magnificent.
- After having lunch at a local restaurant we will visit the Two Chedis that have been constructed to honour 60th birthday anniversaries of King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Queen Sirikit.
- Later on we will continue to the Wachirathan and Mae Klang Waterfalls, along the way we will stop at a Hmong market where products from the Royal Project are for sale.
- In the late afternoon our driver will take you back to your hotel.
During the rainy seasons Kew Mae Pan trail will be closed for a few months, alternative activities will be offered. The 2.6 km Pha Dok Sieo Nature Trail to a waterfall is one option if the trail is open for activity, in case hiking Pha Dok Sieo will be the first activity of the tour.
Where & When?
This tour departs from an agreed location like your hotel, apartment etc, and can be booked all year round. Chiang Mai can be reached by bus, train and flight from various destinations.
Tour details in short:
- Duration: 1 day
- Type: Private tour
- Price: 1,700 - 5,800 Baht per person
- Group size: one or more people
- Grade: Easy to moderate
- Transport: a/c SUV or minibus
- Start: 8 am
- End: 5 - 5:30 pm
What to bring:
- Small backpack
- T-shirt and shorts for daytime
- Long sleeves/Jacket during winter time (Nov - Feb)
- Rain clothing (in the rainy season)
- Hiking shoes with good grip
- Sun cream
- Insect repellent (DEET medicated)
The listed price includes the entrance fees of 300 Baht per person, an English spaking guide, a driver, a local guide to walk one of the two main trails, transportation, lunch, drinking water, snacks, coffee/tea and a mandatory insurance required from Thai Tourist Authority(T.A.T.).
You'll be accompanied by a private guide and a driver, no other people will join you; the best way to explore Doi Inthanon!
Children up to 4 years old free as long as the group size doesn't require upgrade to a minivan. Children 5-8 years old will be charged on a cheaper rate, that too depends on number of adults and group size. Please send an inquiry to clarify.
A child up to 4 years old is free of charge. Two or more children up to 4 years old will be charged differently, depending on the number of adults and group size, mainly because a minivan may be needed. Children 5-8 years old will be charged on a cheaper rate, that too depends on the number of adults and group size. Please send an inquiry to clarify.
|Pax||Rate per person|
Tour rates include:
- English speaking guide
- Local guide to walk one of the two main trails (200 Baht)
- Transportation by a/c SUV or minivan & driver
- National park entrance fees (300 Baht per person)
- Two Chedis entrance fees (40 Baht per person)
- Coffee or tea
- Drinking water
- Mandatory insurance required by T.A.T.
- Any other drinks
- Personal expenses