1-day wildlife tour with night safari in Khao Yai
Besides what a 1 day tour offers, combining one day tour with a night safari well after the dark will give you a chanse to see both diurnal and nocturnal wildlife of Khao Yai National Park.
A 1-day tour will start in the morning and end well after the dark. Activities include hiking in the jungle, safari driving among the roads on search for elephants and other exiting animals, safari drives in the morning and later afternoon, visiting a viewpoint and one of Khao Yai's impressive waterfalls and finally end the day with a night safari.
The itinerary below is just an example and can easily be turned upside down due to length of different activities. We adapt to mother nature and customers interests.
We will meet you at your hotel or other pick-up location we agreed on.
The tour always start around 8-8:30AM with a slow drive through jungle and grasslands in search for wildlife. Once we arrive to the first hiking point we continue the trip in rain forest between huge trees in search for any type of animal.
After lunch the first stop will be Haew Suwat Waterfall known from Leonardio Di Caprio's "The Beach" movie, possibly continue the tour to one of best viewpoints of the national park. Last couple of hours before before the dinner will be an ideal time for searhing elephants.
After the dinner break our tour will end with a night safari in search for nocturnal wildlife, thereafter you will be returned to your hotel or other location we agreed on around 8-9 pm.
Where & when?
Khao Yai National Park is around 2.5 hours from Bangkok, easily accessible with public transportation with minivans being the fastest way. Our private guides will meet you in your hotel in Pak Chong -which is the nearest city- or anywhere between Pak Chong and Khao Yai National Park.
We can arranga taxi from Bangkok on request. It takes 2.5 hours, it costs 2200 THB one way and 3200 THB for a round trip within same day.
The park is open and accessible all year round but for night safaris we strongly recommend to avoid week-ends and public holidays when there are too many vehicles on the roads reducing chance to see animals significantly. The weather can be pretty cool during cold season around November to February, so a sweater is a must!
Please confirm with us before booking a hotel in Khao Yai area as we don't offer pickup if your hotel is too far away. Or because some hotel owners don't like their guests to be picked up by tour operators.
Expand to see the list of some popular hotels we pick up from
These are the most popular hotels booked by our guests, for other hotels, please ask us.
- Khao Yai Cottage | Khao Yai, from 42 USD
- Botanica Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 115 USD
- Lala Mukha Tented Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 100 USD
- Kirimaya Golf Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 117 USD
- Baan Kinlom Chom Daw Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 28 USD
- Muthi Maya Forest Pool Villa Resort | Khao Yai, from 234 USD
- Baan Saranya | Khao Yai, from 39 USD
- Apple Camp Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 46 USD
- The Frog Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 50 USD
- Belle Villa Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 55 USD
- Golden Mountain Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 56 USD
- Greenery Resort - Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 70 USD
- Prairie Hills Resort | Khao Yai, from 80 USD
- Palio Inn | Khao Yai, from 81 USD
- Phuwanalee Resort | Khao Yai, from 81 USD
- Balios Resort Khaoyai | Khao Yai, from 92 USD
- Romantic Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 98 USD
- Mandarin Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 139 USD
- Thames Valley Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 149 USD
- In Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 163 USD
|Group size||Rate per person|
|8 and up||1900 THB|
Tour rates include:
- Entrance fees (400 THB per person)
- English speaking guide
- Transportation from/to hotel or other meeting point
- Lunch & dinner
- Snacks & fruit
- Drinking water
- Leech protection socks
Tour details in short:
- Duration: 1 day(s)
- Type: Private tour
- Price: 1,900 - 6,400 THB per person
- Group size: 1 or more people
- Grade: Easy to moderate
- Transport: Safari vehicle
- Start: 08:00 - 08:30
- End: 20:00 - 21:00
What to bring:
- Long trousers
- Rain clothing
- Sweater or light jacket
- Hiking or sport shoes
- Insect repellent
- Sunblock lotion
All Khao Yai tours
- 1-day wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 1-day wildlife tour with night safari in Khao Yai
- 1.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 3-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 4-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- Birdwatching tours in Khao Yai
- Photo tours in Khao Yai