Private Tour | 3-days/2-nights private tour in Khao Sok Lake
Situated between Khao Sok National Park and Khlong Saeng Wildlife Sanctuary, Cheow Lan Lake has one of the most beautiful scenic views in Thailand.
While a 2-day/1-night stay leaves less time for various activities due to check-in and check-out times from the raft houses, a 3-days/2-nights tour gives a much better opportunity to enjoy more of the attractions and activities around the lake.
With the 3-days/2-nights tour in Khao Sok you will be able to see scenic rock formations, hike to a viewpoint, visit a cave, hike in the jungle, kayak and drive around in the vicinity of your raft house for wildlife watching. The tour includes two nights stay in a raft house of your choice, a private guide and a private boat with driver.
Why to book?
While the group tours offered by most companies are conducted with larger boats, shared by 12-18 people and has a fixed itinerary, no others will share the guide or the boat with you during our tours. Our tours are strictly private and flexible.
Raft house options
500 Rai (deluxe)
500 Rai is one of the two top raft houses in the lake, with 15 houses/cabins of various sizes. The raft house is located at the far end of the lake, between Phupha Waree and Krai Son raft houses, with one of the best views in the lake.
Following are the type of rooms;
- Deluxe - semi-detached houses, 4 pax, 36 sq. m., master bedroom with double-size bed, loft with two mattresses, a/c from 6 pm to 6 am, 1 kayak, 5 life jackets
- Villa - solitary houses, 4 pax, 42 sq. m., master bedroom with double-size bed, loft with two mattresses, a/c 24h/day, 1 kayak, 5 life jackets
- Family villa - 2 connecting villas, 8 pax, 72 sq. m., 2 master bedrooms with double-size bed, 2 lofts with two mattresses, a/c 24h/day, 2 kayaks, 8 life jackets
- Deluxe suite (price not listed in pricing table) - 4 pax, 72 sq. m., master bedroom with double-size bed, loft with two mattresses, a/c 24h/day, 2 kayaks, 7 life jackets (2 sofa beds for additional 2 pax if needed)
- Family suite (price not listed in pricing table) - 10 pax - 86 sq. m., 2 master bedrooms with double-size bed, 2 lofts with six mattresses, a/c 24h/day, 2 kayaks, 7 life jackets (2 sofa beds for additional 2 pax if
- Honeymoon suite sutie (price not listed in pricing table), 2-4 pax, 92 sq. m., master bedroom with double-size bed, loft with two mattresses, a/c 24h/day, 2 kayaks, 4 life jackets, private swimming pool, jacuzzi
Panvaree The Greenery Raft House (deluxe)
While most raft houses in the lake have on average around two dozen bungalows, Panvaree The Greenery Raft House have fewer which makes it a relatively quiet place even when the place is fully booked. Quality wise it is no doubt one of the best and most popular raft houses in the lake. The raft house is located in the entrance of Khlong Long tributary.
Following are the type of rooms;
- Superior 2 pax - For 2 adults or 2 adults + small child (child to share same bed as parents but quoted half price). Room can be with either a double bed or two single beds, unfortunately can't be chosen, either one can be booked depending on availability and other circumstances.
- Family rooms; For 3+ pax
The price for rooms varies depending on week-day, week-end day or holidays.
Phupha Waree Raft House
Phupha Waree is set back in a private alcove just inside Klong Pey, compared to most basic/average raft houses in the lake it is considered a bit better option. The rooms are equipped with 2 queen size beds, a private bathroom, a/c, balcony and can accommodate 2-4 people. While the smaller rooms will be booked for up to 3 people, the larger rooms will be booked for 4 people.
Sai Chon Raft House
Sai Chon Raft House is a cheaper alternative compared to high end ones, located in Khlong Long tributary of the lake, not too far from the pier. The quality is somewhere between bamboo and high end options. The rooms can accommodate 2-4 people with king size beds, equipped with fans and has rooms with private bathroom.
Krai Son Raft House (basic bamboo)
Krai Son is perched at the entrance to Klong Yee at the remote end of the lake. It is equipped with traditional style bamboo bungalows (2 pax, double beds), no fan, with shared bathroom facilities on land next to the raft house. It is the only raft house on the lake with a view of sunrise and sunset. Local attractions include a viewpoint hike which overlooks the entire lake, and it is close by to the Khlong Saeng wildlife sanctuary not too far from Phupha Waree.
We do not recommend Krai Son to families with kids.
The following itinerary is just an example. Depending on the location of your raft house, weather conditions, your suggestions or eventual shorter/longer time you may decide to spend at attractions may change the planning. Example; you may decide to do more kayaking, skip some activities for the other, or simply just decide to relax and spend some time with friend(s)/family at the raft house.
- 10 am, Board your long-tail boat at Rajjaprabha Dam (Cheow Lan Lake Pier) enjoy the scenic tour of limestone karst formations on the way to floating bungalows
- Check in to the raft house. Enjoy a traditional Thai lunch
- Depart for a guided hike to a nearby viewpoint which has a breathtaking view over the lake
- Return to the raft house for a swim, relax and enjoy the scenery
- Afternoon wildlife safari by boat
- Enjoy your dinner
- Board long tail boat for a morning wildlife safari by boat
- Return to the rafthouse for free time
- After lunch, guided jungle hike
- Return to the raft house for a swim, relax
- Enjoy a traditional Thai dinner
- Rise before breakfast for the morning mist safari, the best time to gibbons, macaques and dusky leaf monkeys
- Return to raft house for breakfast
- Explore the surrounding area by kayak
- Depending raft house and it's location, check-out from the raft hour around 9:30 am, tour ends around 11:30 am to 12 pm at the pier
Where & When?
The tour starts in Cheow Lan Lake (Rajjaprabha Dam), 65 km from park headquarters. It is easy to get to nearby Ban Takhun Town with buses operating from various destinations like Bangkok, Phuket, Krabi or Surat Thani. Private transfers by taxi or minivan can be arranged on request.
When to book?
The busiest months in Cheow Lan Lake are November to February and July/August. Bookings for these months should be done far in advance, earliest possible. Even if some raft houses may still have rooms available days/weeks before, guide availability is more of a concern. The guides may get fully booked months in advance for the busiest times of the year.
Panvaree The Greenery superior rooms should be booked at least 6-12 months in advance for the busier months of the year, even the family rooms may get room far in advance. It is one of the most popular raft houses in the lake.
For the dates concerning high season months from November to mid April, week-ends (Fri-Sat nights) and public holidays, the rooms at Phupha Waree should be booked well in advance. There can be rooms available for the week-days in short notice, but then again, guides may get fully booked.
Sai Chon should also be booked earliest possible for any week-end/holiday concerned dates.
Krai Son tends to have availability for most year even if booked days/weeks in advance but can be fully booked months in advance for long week-end holidays.
Tour details in short:
- Duration: 3 days/2 nights
- Type: Private tour
- Price: * see price table *
- Group size: 2 or more people
- Grade: Easy
- Transport: Long-tail boat
- Start: 10 am (day 1)
- End: around 11:30 am - 12 pm (day 3)
What to bring:
- Rain clothing, specially on rainy season
- Sneakers for hiking, sandals for waterfall/cave visit
- Personal toiletries
- Swimming clothing & towel
- Insect repellent
- Sunblock lotion
The tour will be led by a private guide which means no others will join you while exploring the lake and surrounding areas. The price for this tour package depends on the choice of accommodation and number of people, please see price per person further down.
The prices below do not include entrance fees to the national park.
Coral Cave Rafthing
- From Krai Son or Phupha Waree raft houses; 1,400 Baht fixed price and 200 Baht per person entrance fee for Khlong Saeng Wildlife Sanctuary
- From Sai Chon or Panvaree The Greenery raft houses; 400 Baht fixed price and 200 Baht per person entrance fee for Khlong Saeng Wildlife Sanctuary
Wildlife oriented tour?
Although our tour is more about visiting the attractions, enjoying the scenery and water activities in the lake, our price includes a bit of safari driving around the lake in hope to see a glimpse of wildlife around.
If you wish a more wildlife oriented tour, we can arrange it for an additional change depending on the raft house location, then our guide could take you to Khlong Saeng tributary on the north/west end of the lake one afternoon. Please let us know in case. The wildlife oriented tour is only suitable for the 2nd day over a 3D/2N tour.
- From Krai Son or Phupha Waree; +2,000 Baht
- From Sai Chon or Panvaree The Greenery; +3,000 Baht
|Price per person|
|Pax||Krai Son (bamboo)||Sai Chon||Phupha Waree|
|2||8,600 THB||9,500 THB||11,700 THB|
|3||7,000 THB||7,550 THB||8,900 THB|
|4||5,800 THB||6,600 THB||8,000 THB|
|5||5,400 THB||6,050 THB||7,800 THB|
|6||4,850 THB||5,650 THB||7,050 THB|
|7||4,700 THB||5,400 THB||6,800 THB|
|8||4,400 THB||5,200 THB||6,600 THB|
|Price per person|
|2||13,800 to 16,100 THB||25,000 to 51,500 THB|
|3||14,200 to 17,500 THB||20,500 to 34,600 THB|
|4||10,900 to 12,200 THB||18,300 to 26,200 THB|
|5||12,800 to 16,100 THB||n/a|
|6||10,000 to 11,400 THB||n/a|
Displayed prices are per person
Tour rates include:
- Long-tail boat transportation & boat driver
- Lunch and dinner on day-1, all meals on day-2 and breakfast on day-3
- Drinking water
- Accident insurance during the tour (covering hospital costs)
Tour rates doesn't include:
- Entrance fees to the park
- Transfer to the lake from the nearby towns
Reviews from our guests
By: Eva Cardona Gallego | posted Sun 24 Sep, 2023 | Phupha Waree
Bee has been our best guide in Thailand
All the transfers on time
By: Adam Holmes | posted Wed 20 Sep, 2023 | Krai Son (bamboo)
The location was amazing, probably the most stunning location I've ever been. We chose the smallest/cheapest bamboo huts and knew we were in for some basic amenities. Sleep wasn't comfy but the beautiful views were worth it.
The staff on the floating rafts were great. Food was always generous and delicious. There is the ability to buy beers and other drinks as well. Power chargers as well for those in need in the main area.
All the other groups we encountered were pleasant and chatty. Some of the guides we met were very informative and chatty.
We managed a waterfall hike which was great fun, and saw en elephant eating amongst other things. The rainy season certainly brought the rain but we knew about this going into it, and it made for some epic photos and moments.
The only reason this isn't a 5 star review is because our guide. We knew we weren't guaranteed an English speaking guide, but ours seemed to understand and speak English well enough but seldom spoke with us on and off the boat unlike the other guides we met. He took us everywhere he was supposed to, but he took us up a closed trail as well that left us with lots of leech bites and scratches/scrapes, going on a trail with a closed sign didn't feel safe.
By: Roswitha Wooninck-Littel | posted Sun 17 Sep, 2023 | Phupha Waree
It was perfect! Bee (our personal tourguide) was great and sweet. Good location for the flooting houses, good food, everything you like. Also the tour to the waterfall and the hike trough the jungle. Really back to nature. I recommand everybody to book this 3 days tour.
By: Roger Rodriguez | posted Fri 15 Sep, 2023 | Phupha Waree
Junn and Jon were the best tour guide and capt of all of thailand. We had an unforgettable experience, she made sure we had a great time, made sure we were safe, very knowledgeable about the animals and what plants are poisonous. If I come back I only want Junn!!!! Thanks again Junn love you mom
By: Jaroslav Klement | posted Tue 5 Sep, 2023 | Phupha Waree
I was pretty happy with the tour. There was a lot of rain, but thats not issue of the company. Except that everything went well. We had a really good tour guide. I have only one thing to recommend - get some helmets for clients when you go on the waterfall trek. We didnt have a problem, but it is just one small mistake, and you can fall badly. To have everyone safe, people should wear helmet when going to the waterfall. :)
By: Richard Aanen | posted Sat 2 Sep, 2023 | Sai Chon
This has been an extraordinary experience, guided by Bee. The combination of hiking / travelling by boat was good, and Bee also enabled some customization to our preferences. Also, Bee was well prepared by bringing his camera and 2 good binoculars, and also showed to spot animals, despite the weather. The experience was great, I would also recommend others to come.
Tour operator's response
Thanks for your feedback!
We are putting this note so that our guests informed well; We normally don't provide binoculars during our tours. Guide Bee chose to have some with him on his own initiative.
By: Timon Dethmers | posted Mon 28 Aug, 2023 | Phupha Waree
The 3 days / 2 night private tour was, absolutely fantastic. Our guide Bee and driver Son were so nice and they know so much about the park, we had a wonderful time with them. During the private tour you can adjust the schedule and program and the guide can give you advise about the nicest highlights. Also the phupa waree rafthouses were great. It was not very crowdy that was something we loved. I can say we had the greatest time of our vacation to Thailand.
By: Anette Schumann | posted Wed 23 Aug, 2023 | Phupha Waree
Es war eine super Tour, top organisiert, gutes Essen der Guide war top!
By: Galina | posted Mon 21 Aug, 2023 | Phupha Waree
Everything was perfect despite the low season. We appreciated organization of the tour. Our guide Patter did his best so that we could enjoy every moment of the trip. The waterfall adventure will never be forgotten. Definitely recommended.
By: Luana and David | posted Wed 16 Aug, 2023 | Phupha Waree
We loved our Khao Sok 2 night tour and would recommend this tour to anyone wanting to explore Khao Sok National Park.
Our guide Junn was helpful, kind and passionate. She had lots of knowledge about the area and made sure to take good care of us over the 3 days. She was also a great photographer! We stayed at Phupha Waree thought the food was great and the staff very nice. It is simple but picturesque and we even saw animals while kyaking. Our tour changed a bit due to the rain, however we expected this booking in the wet season. We found the company to be very helpful and speedy with their responses. Overall a beautiful and fun adventure.