3-days/2-nights private tour in Cheow Lan Lake
Situated between Khao Sok National Park and Klong Saeng Wildlife Sanctuary, Cheow Lan Lake has one of the most beautiful scenic views in Thailand. The tour includes stay in raft houses on remote areas of the lake.
A 3 day tour includes boat tours to scenic rock formations, hiking to viewpoints, hiking in jungle for wildlife watching and kayaking.
- Arrive at Rajjapraba Dam, board your longtail boat
- Scenic tour of Guilin rock formations on the way to floating bungalows (deluxe or bamboo)
- Check in to raft house. Enjoy a traditional Thai lunch prepared with rich southern Thai curries, vegetables, and pineapple and watermelon for dessert.
- Depart for a guided hike to Khao Sok's highest viewpoint, cameras are a must! If the weather is rainy, go for a jungle hike in a different location.
- Return to the raft house for a swim, relax and enjoy the scenery
- Afternoon wildlife safari by boat
- Enjoy a delectable dinner of fish, Thai soup, and veggies.
- Board long tail boat for a morning wildlife safari by boat
- Return to the rafthouse for free time
- After lunch, guided jungle hike
- Return to the raft house to for a swim, relax
- Enjoy a traditional Thai dinner
- Rise before breakfast for the morning mist safari, the best time to gibbons, macaques and dusky leaf monkeys
- Return to raft house for breakfast
- Explore the surrounding area by kayak
- One last lunch before heading back to the pier
Where & When?
The tour starts in Takun town, near Rajjapraba Dam, 65 km from park headquarters at southeast of Cheow Lan Lake. It is easy to get there with buses operating from various destinations like Bangkok, Phuket, Krabi or Surat Thani. Private transfers by taxi or minivan can be arranged on request. This tour is operated all year round.
Krai Son Raft House (traditional bamboo)
Krai Son is perched at the entrance to Klong Yee in the center of the lake. It is equipped with traditional style bamboo bungalows (2 pax, double beds) and has shared bathroom facilities on land next to the raft house. It is the only raft house on the lake with a view of sunrise and sunset. Local attractions include a viewpoint hike which overlooks the entire lake, and it is close by to the Klong Saeng wildlife sanctuary which has the best possibility for seeing gaur, gibbons and even wild elephants.
Phupa Waree Raft House (deluxe)
Phupa Waree is set back in a private alcove just inside Klong Pey. It features modern rooms with 2 queen size beds. Equipped with private bathrooms, hot showers, and balconies and can accomodate 2-4 people. This raft house is nearby to Bang Hoi waterfall, the viewpoint hike, and Klong Saeng Wildlife Sanctuary.
Please note that groups of 3 must share 1 room or pay a 2,500 Baht supplement for a single room.
This is a private tour which means you will explore the lake and surrounding areas with a private guide, no others will join you. The price for this tour package depends on the choise of accommodation and group size, please see price per person further down.
The prices below does not include entrance fees to the national park and VAT.
Tour rates include:
- Lodging, bamboo or deluxe
- English speaking guide
- Longtail boat transportations
- All meals & fruit
- Drinking water
Tour rates doesn't include:
- Entrance fees to the park
|Rate per person|
|2||10,000 THB||13,800 THB|
|3||7,800 THB||11,200 THB|
|4||6,600 THB||10,000 THB|
|5||5,900 THB||9,400 THB|
|6 and up||5,500 THB||9,000 THB|
Reviews from our guests
We appreciate your feedback after the tour when booking with us.
By: Diane Borst, Netherlands | posted Sun 5 May, 2019
Amazing nature! We were with a family and stayed in a floating house. We had a guide arranged which was great. To see Thailand on its best, a stop at the National Park is a must.
By: Odile Jacquet, France | posted Tue 16 Apr, 2019
Remakable stay in this wonderfull site. A huge thank you to our guide and our boat pilot who were very good professionnals and very courteous.
Tour operator's response
Thanks for your kind words.
We are glad you enjoyed your trip.
All the best,
By: Michele Monahan, United States | posted Sun 7 Apr, 2019
The scenery was beautiful and our guide took great care of me when I fell as did our boat captain. The raft houses were ok but didn’t care for the swimming pool in our bathroom after a shower and no top sheet for the beds.
We felt that our guide was friendly but didn’t really spot much of any wildlife, our boat captain was better. We were under the impression we would go out at first light in the morning and also go out in the evening of which neither happened and we always stayed very close the the rafthouses instead of venturing out. We saw more kayaking on our own!
Tour operator's response
Thanks for your kind words. It was our pleasure to host you, and we are glad you have fond memories of your trip to Khao Sok.
I am sorry to hear that the guide and the wildlife safari was disappointing, and I will speak with the guide about taking longer excursions, and also about the morning safari.
By: Jóhanna Sigurþórsdóttir, Iceland | posted Sat 2 Mar, 2019
By: Gitte Bjerrum, Denmark | posted Mon 24 Dec, 2018
The guides on the trip were great.
Tour operator's response
Thanks for your kind feedback, we're glad you enjoyed the trip :-)
Tour details in short:
- Duration: 3 days, 2 nights
- Type: Private tour
- Price: 5,000 - 13,000 THB per person
- Group size: 2 or more people
- Grade: Easy
- Transport: Longtail boat
- Start: 10am (Day 1)
- End: 1pm - 2pm (Day 3)
What to bring:
- Rain clothing, specially on rainy season
- Personal toiletries
- Swimming clothing
- Insect repellent
- Sunblock lotion
All Khao Sok tours
- 2 days, 1 night | Spirit of Khao Sok
- 3 days, 2 nights | Forest room including 1 day Khao Sok Lake tour
- 3 days, 2 nights | 1 night at Riverside Cottages and 1 night at Floating Bungalows
- 2-days/1-night private tour in Cheow Lan Lake
- 2-days/1-night group tour in Cheow Lan Lake
- 3-days/2-nights private tour in Cheow Lan Lake
- 4-days/3-nights wildlife tour in Khao Sok Lake (Klong Yee)