3-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
A 3-day tour in Khao Yai national park is a great way to discover the wildlife of Thailand. Besides wildlife watching there is time to visit the most interesting scenic sites of the park. No guarantees can be made in nature except lots of trees, but with some luck you might see animals like gibbons, deer, hornbills and various other bird species, macaques, and maybe even elephants.
Honestly, 3 days should be the minimum spent in this beautiful forest. You won't regret it!
On these 3-day trips we spend every day from morning till evening in the jungle. Hiking, game drives, a night drive, visiting scenic highlights like the views and waterfalls, are all activities included on this tour. And one late afternoon we watch a couple million bats flying out at sunset. We focus mainly on wildlife watching, but do also take time to enjoy the scenery.
Our trips starts and ends daily at your hotel or other pick-up or return location we agreed on.
This is an example itinerary. The program might be turned upside down. We adapt to mother nature.
Day 1 - From 8 - 8:30 a.m. till about 8:30 p.m.
After pick-up in Pak Chong at your hotel or at one of the public transport stations, we enter the national park where the wildlife watching will start right away. After a stop at a viewpoint where you will learn a more about the park, we continue our drive to search for animals in the tree tops along the road. And after this drive it is time for your first jungle hike.
At a slow pace we take in all the sounds and smells of the forest. Together with your guide you follow any signs that could lead you to an exciting animal sighting. The dense forests make wildlife watching difficult and one needs luck to see the elusive creatures that inhabit this forest.
After the jungle walk it's time for lunch at one of the park restaurants. At mid-day we head to one of the park's waterfalls to relax a bit before we head out on a late afternoon drive. We will explore the areas where wild elephants occasionally come to forage or visit mineral deposits. Despite them being the largest land mammal, the thick jungle can easily hide them from view, so there are certainly no guarantees of success, but who knows...
We'll have dinner and afterwards we will be joined by a ranger with a powerful spotlight on a truck and will drive a route through both forested and open areas to look for nocturnal creatures. Deer are often seen, but also other animals like porcupines, civets, elephants, and other nocturnal wildlife might show themselves. After this long day you'll be returned to your hotel.
Day 2 - From 8 - 8:30 a.m. till about 6 p.m.
This second day is similar to day 1, but we will explore different areas. We'll go trekking in another part of the park and try to look for animals we have not seen on the previous day. Today we'll visit another waterfall, and we'll do another driving safari to search for animals. After our dinner we'll bring you back to your hotel.
Day 3 - From 8 - 8:30 a.m. till about 5 - 6 p.m.
The final day, we start again with another beautiful trail, our last jungle hike of the trip. After lunch we'll head to the highest viewpoint of the park. This area has a different vegetation and with luck we might encounter some unusual animals on the way. After this we leave the park to head to the bat caves. These are located outside the national park and are home to more than a million bats that will exit around sunset to feed on insects. Quite a special sight!
And afterwards, you'll be returned to your hotel or to Pak Chong for onward transport.
Where & When?
The tour starts from Pak Chong, which is easy to reach by bus, shuttle minivan, or train from Bangkok. Private transfers by taxi or minivan can be arranged on request.
We can arranga taxi from Bangkok. It takes 2.5 hours, it costs 2200 THB one way and 3200 THB for a round trip within same day.
Our tours are operated all year round.
This is a private tour. You will explore the park with a private guide, and no others will join you; the best way to explore nature!
Please confirm with us before booking a hotel in Khao Yai area as we don't offer pickup if your hotel is too far away. Or because some hotel owners don't like their guests to be picked up by tour operators.
Expand to see the list of some popular hotels we pick up from
These are the most popular hotels booked by our guests, for other hotels, please ask us.
- Khao Yai Cottage | Khao Yai, from 42 USD
- Botanica Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 115 USD
- Lala Mukha Tented Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 100 USD
- Kirimaya Golf Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 117 USD
- Baan Kinlom Chom Daw Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 28 USD
- Muthi Maya Forest Pool Villa Resort | Khao Yai, from 234 USD
- Baan Saranya | Khao Yai, from 39 USD
- Apple Camp Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 46 USD
- The Frog Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 50 USD
- Belle Villa Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 55 USD
- Golden Mountain Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 56 USD
- Greenery Resort - Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 70 USD
- Prairie Hills Resort | Khao Yai, from 80 USD
- Palio Inn | Khao Yai, from 81 USD
- Phuwanalee Resort | Khao Yai, from 81 USD
- Balios Resort Khaoyai | Khao Yai, from 92 USD
- Romantic Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 98 USD
- Mandarin Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 139 USD
- Thames Valley Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 149 USD
- In Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 163 USD
|Group size||Rate per person|
|8 and up||5200 THB|
Tour rates include:
- Entrance fees (400 THB per person & day)
- English speaking guide
- Transportation from/to hotel or other meeting point
- All meals
- Snacks & fruit
- Drinking water
- Leech protection socks
Tour details in short:
- Duration: 3 day(s)
- Type: Private tour
- Price: 5,200 - 16,800 THB per person
- Group size: 1 or more people
- Grade: Moderate
- Transport: Safari vehicle
- Start: 8 - 8:30 a.m. (Day 1)
- End: 5 - 6 p.m. (Day 3)
What to bring:
- Long trousers
- Rain clothing
- Sweater or light jacket
- Hiking or sport shoes
- Insect repellent
- Sunblock lotion
All Khao Yai tours
- 1-day wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 1-day wildlife tour with night safari in Khao Yai
- 1.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 3-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 4-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- Birdwatching tours in Khao Yai
- Photo tours in Khao Yai