2-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
With a 2-day hiking in jungle you'll see some of Khao Yai's highlights and very likely some exciting species like gibbons, macaques, hornbills, deers and with a bit luck maybe even elephants!
2-day tour in Khao Yai includes hiking in the jungle, daytime safari drives, a night safari drive and visiting some major highlights of the park like waterfalls and viewpoints. The jungle hiking will mainly focus on seeing as much of wildlife as possible but also include visiting some beautiful scenary of the park.
Our trips starts and ends daily at your hotel or other pick-up or return location we agreed on.
The itinerary below is only an example. The program may change depending on your interests or how much time spend on different locations.
Day 1 - From 8 - 8:30 a.m. till about 8 - 9 p.m.
The first day tour start with a slow driving among the main road into the park for wildlife observation, than hiking in the jungle.
After the lunch break we will visit Haew Nerok which is the highest and most impressive waterfall of the park and also visit saltlicks and other areas where wild elephants tends to visit.
After the dinner tour continues with an exciting night safari using spotlights to spot nocturnal wildlife.
Day 2 - From 8 - 8:30 a.m. till about 5 - 6 p.m.
We spend the morning hiking in the jungle to find more interesting animals.
After the lunch break we will visit the other two important highlights of the park; Haew Suwat waterfall known from Leonardio Di Caprio's "The Beach" movie and a viewpoint with a great view over Khao Yai's jungle.
Later on the afternoon the tour will end depending on choise of a daytime safari among the roads for search of elephants or visiting the bat caves outside the park boundries. After end of the tour you'll be returned to your hotel.
Where & when?
The tour starts from Pak Chong which is 2.5 hours away from Bangkok, easy to reach by bus, shuttle minivan. Private transfers by taxi or minivan can be arranged on request. Our tours are operated all year round.
We can also arranga pick up from Bangkok. It takes 2.5 hours, it costs 2200 THB one way and 3200 THB for a round trip within same day.
The 2-day tours are lead by private guides, means no other people will join you.
Please confirm with us before booking a hotel in Khao Yai area as we don't offer pickup if your hotel is too far away. Or because some hotel owners don't like their guests to be picked up by tour operators.
Expand to see the list of some popular hotels we pick up from
These are the most popular hotels booked by our guests, for other hotels, please ask us.
- Khao Yai Cottage | Khao Yai, from 40 USD
- Botanica Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 106 USD
- atta Lakeside Resort Suite | Khao Yai, from 133 USD
- Lala Mukha Tented Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 90 USD
- Kirimaya Golf Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 117 USD
- Thames Valley Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 130 USD
- Baan Kinlom Chom Daw Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 31 USD
- Muthi Maya Forest Pool Villa Resort | Khao Yai, from 247 USD
- The Frog Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 42 USD
- Baan Saranya | Khao Yai, from 43 USD
- Belle Villa Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 45 USD
- Greenery Resort - Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 66 USD
- Golden Mountain Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 68 USD
- Prairie Hills Resort | Khao Yai, from 70 USD
- Mandarin Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 77 USD
- Balios Resort Khaoyai | Khao Yai, from 78 USD
- Palio Inn | Khao Yai, from 80 USD
- Romantic Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 97 USD
- In Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 163 USD
- Phuwanalee Resort | Khao Yai, from 170 USD
|Group size||Rate per person|
|8 and up||3,300 THB|
Tour rates include:
- Entrance fees (400 THB per person & day)
- English speaking guide
- Transportation from/to hotel or other meeting point
- All meals
- Snacks & fruit
- Drinking water
- Leech protection socks
Reviews from our guests
We appreciate your feedback after the tour when booking with us.
By: Udo Englisch, Germany | posted Sat 10 Nov, 2018
We had 2 wonderful days in the National Park. Our Guide "Jum" was really nice and gave us a lot of information about the park and its wildlife. She has such a good sense of the wildlife and showed us things we would have never noticed without her. She took her time to explain us everything in detail and to answer all questions.
By: Sebastian Poppitz, Germany | posted Sun 4 Nov, 2018
Very kind Guide, lots of Wildlife and overall a fun trip I can really recommend to anyone. :)
By: Hugo Rueda Balbuena, Spain | posted Sun 4 Nov, 2018
Very good experience, for sure i will recommend it. Our guide was extraordinary
By: Raz, Israel | posted Tue 18 Sep, 2018
These were great 1.5 days we’ve seen and experienced a real wild nature and it was perfectly tailored to our own needs. Our guide Jay was kind flexible and professional. I wish we could see some elephants but I guess it requires better timing and some luck. I recommend this trip to anyone who considers visiting this national park.
By: Chew, Malaysia | posted Wed 22 Aug, 2018
Our guide - Lake is accommodating, knowledgeable & handsome too. Everything was arranged accordingly to the 2 days tours that we booked for.
Unfortunately, it was rainy season, we were very disappointed because there was no sight of wild life except Gibbons, Monkeys, Deers, Snakes, Horn-bill & Spiders. I'm sorry, I can't give anything more than 3 stars rating.
By: Anne Koning, Netherlands | posted Tue 21 Aug, 2018
We had een very interesting trip in and around the park. Seen lots of animals and plants. No elefants though (but we knew there was little change to see them). You see so much more with a guide!
By: Fangyi Zhou, China | posted Sat 18 Aug, 2018
Khao Yai is a wonderful national park and our guide Chutchai is an excellent and friendly guide. We saw an elephant, a crocodile, a water monitor, hornbills, gibbons, muntjacs, procupines, a lot of sambar deer, etc. Chutchai kindly taught us how to identify different species of pit vipers and gliding lizards. Both the safari and trekking were nice. An unforgettable experience, especially for wildlife lovers.
By: Elena Brivio, Italy | posted Fri 10 Aug, 2018
Very great and beautiful experience. All perfect, and our guide Lek was very helpful and very professional. excellent services
By: ALESSIO MASSIMILIANO FURLAN, Italy | posted Sat 4 Aug, 2018
Service was perfect, everything on time and well done.
By: James Clarke, United Kingdom | posted Thu 8 Mar, 2018
Really excellent two days with Tata. He was a brilliant guide and found thinks we would never have found on our own. One of the best guides I have had and very knowledgeable and friendly. Saw lots of wildlife in two days including both types of gibbon, elephants, 4 pit vipers, hornbills (pied and great). Serpent eagle. Indo Chinese water dragon, water monitor, samba deer and lots more.
Such a great few days. Will do it again next time.
Tour details in short:
- Duration: 2 day(s)
- Type: Private tour
- Price: 3,300 - 11,700 THB
- Group size: 1 or more people
- Grade: Easy to moderate
- Transport: Safari vehicle
- Start: 8 - 8:30 a.m. (Day 1)
- End: 5 - 6 p.m. (Day 2)
What to bring:
- Long trousers
- Rain clothing
- Sweater or light jacket
- Hiking or sport shoes
- Insect repellent
- Sunblock lotion
All Khao Yai tours
- 1-day wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 1-day wildlife tour with night safari in Khao Yai
- 1.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 3-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- Birdwatching tours in Khao Yai
- Photo tours in Khao Yai
- 1-day wildlife tour in Khao Yai (Group tour)
- 2-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai (Group tour)