2-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
With a 2-day hiking in jungle you'll see some of Khao Yai's highlights and very likely some exciting species like gibbons, macaques, hornbills, deers and with a bit luck maybe even elephants!
2-day tour in Khao Yai includes hiking in the jungle, daytime safari drives, a night safari drive and visiting some major highlights of the park like waterfalls and viewpoints. The jungle hiking will mainly focus on seeing as much of wildlife as possible but also include visiting some beautiful scenary of the park.
Our trips starts and ends daily at your hotel or other pick-up or return location we agreed on.
The itinerary below is only an example. The program may change depending on your interests or how much time spend on different locations.
Day 1 - From 8 - 8:30 a.m. till about 8 - 9 p.m.
The first day tour start with a slow driving among the main road into the park for wildlife observation, than hiking in the jungle.
After the lunch break we will visit Haew Nerok which is the highest and most impressive waterfall of the park and also visit saltlicks and other areas where wild elephants tends to visit.
After the dinner tour continues with an exciting night safari using spotlights to spot nocturnal wildlife.
Day 2 - From 8 - 8:30 a.m. till about 5 - 6 p.m.
We spend the morning hiking in the jungle to find more interesting animals.
After the lunch break we will visit the other two important highlights of the park; Haew Suwat waterfall known from Leonardio Di Caprio's "The Beach" movie and a viewpoint with a great view over Khao Yai's jungle.
Later on the afternoon the tour will end depending on choise of a daytime safari among the roads for search of elephants or visiting the bat caves outside the park boundries. After end of the tour you'll be returned to your hotel.
Where & when?
The tour starts from Pak Chong which is 2.5 hours away from Bangkok, easy to reach by bus, shuttle minivan. Private transfers by taxi or minivan can be arranged on request. Our tours are operated all year round.
We can also arranga pick up from Bangkok. It takes 2.5 hours, it costs 2200 THB one way and 3200 THB for a round trip within same day.
The 2-day tours are lead by private guides, means no other people will join you.
Please confirm with us before booking a hotel in Khao Yai area as we don't offer pickup if your hotel is too far away. Or because some hotel owners don't like their guests to be picked up by tour operators.
Expand to see the list of some popular hotels we pick up from
These are the most popular hotels booked by our guests, for other hotels, please ask us.
- Khao Yai Cottage | Khao Yai, from 43 USD
- Botanica Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 109 USD
- Lala Mukha Tented Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 102 USD
- Kirimaya Golf Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 119 USD
- Baan Kinlom Chom Daw Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 28 USD
- Muthi Maya Forest Pool Villa Resort | Khao Yai, from 238 USD
- Baan Saranya | Khao Yai, from 40 USD
- The Frog Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 43 USD
- Apple Camp Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 47 USD
- Belle Villa Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 56 USD
- Golden Mountain Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 57 USD
- Phuwanalee Resort | Khao Yai, from 70 USD
- Prairie Hills Resort | Khao Yai, from 75 USD
- Greenery Resort - Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 82 USD
- Palio Inn | Khao Yai, from 82 USD
- Balios Resort Khaoyai | Khao Yai, from 85 USD
- Romantic Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 89 USD
- atta Lakeside Resort Suite | Khao Yai, from 113 USD
- Mandarin Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 139 USD
- Thames Valley Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 140 USD
- In Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 163 USD
|Group size||Rate per person|
|8 and up||3300 THB|
Tour rates include:
- Entrance fees (400 THB per person & day)
- English speaking guide
- Transportation from/to hotel or other meeting point
- All meals
- Snacks & fruit
- Drinking water
- Leech protection socks
Tour details in short:
- Duration: 2 day(s)
- Type: Private tour
- Price: 3,300 - 11,700 THB
- Group size: 1 or more people
- Grade: Easy to moderate
- Transport: Safari vehicle
- Start: 8 - 8:30 a.m. (Day 1)
- End: 5 - 6 p.m. (Day 2)
What to bring:
- Long trousers
- Rain clothing
- Sweater or light jacket
- Hiking or sport shoes
- Insect repellent
- Sunblock lotion
All Khao Yai tours
- 1-day wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 1-day wildlife tour with night safari in Khao Yai
- 1.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 3-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 4-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- Birdwatching tours in Khao Yai
- Photo tours in Khao Yai