1-day wildlife tour in Khao Yai
Khao Yai National Park deserves more than just a 1 day visit, but for those with limited time a daytour is still a great way to get a taste of the jungle.
The reserve is great for wildlife watching, but with just one day you will need quite a bit of luck.
A daytour in Khao Yai contains hiking, safari drives, a visit to a waterfall and a scenic viewpoint. A mix of wildlife watching and enjoying scenery.
This is an example itinerary. The program might be changed due to weather conditions, accessibility issues or any other obstacles.
Day 1 From 8 a.m. to about 6 p.m.
We will meet you at your hotel or other pick-up location we agreed on.
The daytrip starts with a drive looking for wildlife like gibbons, hornbills, macaques and other animals along the road. And afterwards we head to a trailhead to set out on a jungle hike to learn more about the forest inhabitants and the plantlife. Even if you're not lucky with wildlife encounters, the massive strangler fig trees make it all worthwhile. By the end of this walk we'll have a Thai lunch at one of the park restaurants.
We continue the program with a visit to one of Khao Yai's famous waterfalls known from Leonardio Di Caprio's "The Beach" movie, and the late afternoon we spend mostly by car to check the various saltlicks and foraging areas where elephants might show up.
At the end of the trip, you will be returned to your hotel or other destination we agreed on.
Where & When?
This trip departs from Pak Chong and can be booked all year-round. Pak Chong can be reached by public transport from Bangkok. If you are interested in a private transfer by taxi or minivan, just let us know! A taxi trip from Bangkok takes 2.5 hours, it costs 2200 THB one way and 3200 THB for a round trip within same day.
You'll be accompanied by a private guide and no other people will join you; the best way to explore nature!
Please confirm with us before booking a hotel in Khao Yai area as we don't offer pickup if your hotel is too far away. Or because some hotel owners don't like their guests to be picked up by tour operators.
Expand to see the list of some popular hotels we pick up from
These are the most popular hotels booked by our guests, for other hotels, please ask us.
- Khao Yai Cottage | Khao Yai, from 40 USD
- Botanica Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 106 USD
- atta Lakeside Resort Suite | Khao Yai, from 129 USD
- Lala Mukha Tented Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 90 USD
- Kirimaya Golf Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 117 USD
- Thames Valley Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 142 USD
- Baan Kinlom Chom Daw Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 31 USD
- Muthi Maya Forest Pool Villa Resort | Khao Yai, from 246 USD
- The Frog Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 41 USD
- Baan Saranya | Khao Yai, from 49 USD
- Phuwanalee Resort | Khao Yai, from 62 USD
- Greenery Resort - Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 66 USD
- Family Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 68 USD
- Mandarin Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 77 USD
- Prairie Hills Resort | Khao Yai, from 77 USD
- Palio Inn | Khao Yai, from 80 USD
- Balios Resort Khaoyai | Khao Yai, from 80 USD
- Belle Villa Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 88 USD
- Romantic Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 110 USD
- In Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 163 USD
|Group size||Rate per person|
|8 and up||1,600 THB|
Tour rates include:
- Entrance fees (400 THB per person)
- English speaking guide
- Transportation from/to hotel or other meeting point
- Snacks & fruit
- Drinking water
- Leech protection socks
Reviews from our guests
We appreciate your feedback after the tour when booking with us.
By: 緑川, Japan | posted Sun 9 Jun, 2019
By: Daniel Huber, Switzerland | posted Thu 6 Jun, 2019
Tata is a very good guide, speak very well and clearly English. Even the Kids (motherlanguage German) could understand what he explain. He show us good places and we saw many animals. Thank you.
By: Dai Williams, Thailand | posted Tue 4 Jun, 2019
We were collected by K Bon on time. After a bit of a slow start ( He had to check into the visitor centre and we were left hanging for 30 min) we ventured into the jungle trek. Which was a bit disappointing lots of noise but little evidence of any wildlife. Anyhow we then connected with some other teams and were lucky enough to see a young male bull elephant, we also saw Gibbon, some tree vipers, a massive black squirrel and may birds with the final sighting a flock of hornbill. All in all after a slow start we had a great day and would highly recommend a day out with the Park team is by far and away the best way of seeing nature in its glory.
By: Nana, Japan | posted Tue 7 May, 2019
We had an amazing time on our private tour with Alec.
He was very knowledgable about all the animals and the park itself.
We were VERY lucky and even got to see 3 elephants that day!
Thank you for a great time - it was one of our best days in Thailand!
By: Peter Jegen, Switzerland | posted Mon 29 Apr, 2019
Very good trip with excellent guide.
By: Wing In IP, Hong Kong | posted Mon 29 Apr, 2019
We had a great time. A lot of fun trekking in the jungle, searching for wild animals. Our guide is very knowledgeable on the birds and other animals.
By: Steffen, Germany | posted Fri 26 Apr, 2019
We spend an awesome day in the Khao Yai park. We‘ve seen almost all the have to see: wild elephants, monkeys, eagles, hornbills, gibbons, big squirrels, lizards and bunch of insects.
By: Adrian, United Kingdom | posted Fri 8 Mar, 2019
We had a wonderful full-day private tour of the national park - all thanks to our very funny, friendly and helpful guide Apple. Thanks to his knowledge of the park and its wildlife we were able to experience a breathtaking flypast of hornbills, 2 gibbons sightings and numerous other wild encounters within the forest. Apple was a great host and adapted our private tour to our needs and physical abilities. An experience to remember. Lunch and pick up from our resort was included in the price.
By: Trimon Reungamorrat, Thailand | posted Sun 3 Mar, 2019
The experience was great. I learned a lot of things and it was safe and enjoyable . Thanks for everything :)
By: Jun Yokota, Japan | posted Sat 16 Feb, 2019
It was perfect private half day tour by JAY !
Pick up time at Pak Chong station was on time.
We enjoyed the Khao Yai National park looking for wild animals, birds,and floawers.
He made best effort to find them for us, and explained about them as a specialist.
The special half day tour was well planed and for us with old parents.
Suggested lunch menue was also really nice !
Thank you so much for your all kindness.
Jun Yokota and all family members
Tour details in short:
- Duration: 1 day
- Type: Private tour
- Price: 1,600 - 5,400 THB
- Group size: 1 or more people
- Grade: Easy to moderate
- Transport: Safari vehicle
- Start: 8 - 8:30 a.m.
- End: 6 - 7 p.m.
What to bring:
- Long trousers
- Rain clothing
- Sweater or light jacket
- Hiking or sport shoes
- Insect repellent
- Sunblock lotion
All Khao Yai tours
- 1-day wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 1-day wildlife tour with night safari in Khao Yai
- 1.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 3-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- Birdwatching tours in Khao Yai
- Photo tours in Khao Yai
- 1-day wildlife tour in Khao Yai (Group tour)
- 2-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai (Group tour)