1-day wildlife tour in Khao Yai
Khao Yai National Park deserves more than just a 1 day visit, but for those with limited time a daytour is still a great way to get a taste of the jungle.
The reserve is great for wildlife watching, but with just one day you will need quite a bit of luck.
A daytour in Khao Yai contains hiking, safari drives, a visit to a waterfall and a scenic viewpoint. A mix of wildlife watching and enjoying scenery.
This is an example itinerary. The program might be changed due to weather conditions, accessibility issues or any other obstacles.
Day 1 From 8 a.m. to about 6 p.m.
We will meet you at your hotel or other pick-up location we agreed on.
The daytrip starts with a drive looking for wildlife like gibbons, hornbills, macaques and other animals along the road. And afterwards we head to a trailhead to set out on a jungle hike to learn more about the forest inhabitants and the plantlife. Even if you're not lucky with wildlife encounters, the massive strangler fig trees make it all worthwhile. By the end of this walk we'll have a Thai lunch at one of the park restaurants.
We continue the program with a visit to one of Khao Yai's famous waterfalls known from Leonardio Di Caprio's "The Beach" movie, and the late afternoon we spend mostly by car to check the various saltlicks and foraging areas where elephants might show up.
At the end of the trip, you will be returned to your hotel or other destination we agreed on.
Where & When?
This trip departs from Pak Chong and can be booked all year-round. Pak Chong can be reached by public transport from Bangkok. If you are interested in a private transfer by taxi or minivan, just let us know! A taxi trip from Bangkok takes 2.5 hours, it costs 2200 THB one way and 3200 THB for a round trip within same day.
You'll be accompanied by a private guide and no other people will join you; the best way to explore nature!
Please confirm with us before booking a hotel in Khao Yai area as we don't offer pickup if your hotel is too far away. Or because some hotel owners don't like their guests to be picked up by tour operators.
Expand to see the list of some popular hotels we pick up from
These are the most popular hotels booked by our guests, for other hotels, please ask us.
- Khao Yai Cottage | Khao Yai, from 40 USD
- Botanica Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 106 USD
- atta Lakeside Resort Suite | Khao Yai, from 129 USD
- Lala Mukha Tented Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 90 USD
- Kirimaya Golf Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 117 USD
- Thames Valley Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 142 USD
- Baan Kinlom Chom Daw Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 31 USD
- Muthi Maya Forest Pool Villa Resort | Khao Yai, from 246 USD
- The Frog Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 41 USD
- Baan Saranya | Khao Yai, from 49 USD
- Phuwanalee Resort | Khao Yai, from 62 USD
- Greenery Resort - Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 66 USD
- Family Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 68 USD
- Mandarin Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 77 USD
- Prairie Hills Resort | Khao Yai, from 77 USD
- Palio Inn | Khao Yai, from 80 USD
- Balios Resort Khaoyai | Khao Yai, from 80 USD
- Belle Villa Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 88 USD
- Romantic Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 110 USD
- In Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 163 USD
|Group size||Rate per person|
|8 and up||1,600 THB|
Tour rates include:
- Entrance fees (400 THB per person)
- English speaking guide
- Transportation from/to hotel or other meeting point
- Snacks & fruit
- Drinking water
- Leech protection socks
Reviews from our guests
We appreciate your feedback after the tour when booking with us.
By: Jutta, Austria | posted Thu 22 Aug, 2019
Very very informative trip, professional friendly guide. The (whole day) trip was well organized, we got a good impression of the park. It was a great experience for us and our 8 year old son. We saw many different birds, makakes, gibbons, spiders, deer and skorpion. Impressive nature!
By: ALESSANDRO BIGUCCI, Italy | posted Wed 21 Aug, 2019
The park is very big and the guide was prepared and friendly. The tour was good we saw gibbon birds monkey scorpions and flowers. The bad things is the main road that cross the park, it is too trafficated. The trekking should be more deep in the jungle, maybe it could be started more in the rude jungle with the same time for walking.
By: Oliver Jeckel, Germany | posted Sun 11 Aug, 2019
We were very happy with our tour. The guide was very knowledgeable and friendly. He was amazingly fast with the binoculars when he spotted an animal. We observed gibbons, termites, hornbills, and some more. The guide also took a scorpion on his hand after he lured it out of his hiding place. The lunch was very tasty. All in all we (2 families with 9 persons) had a great day. Thank you very much.
By: Volker Dinges, Germany | posted Tue 6 Aug, 2019
We saw a lot of foreign nature for europeans. It was very exciting.
By: Maartje Van Meel, Netherlands | posted Sun 4 Aug, 2019
Tata was a great guide: very knowledgeable and relaxed. We had a great day!
By: Morgany Thangavelu | posted Thu 1 Aug, 2019
Prompt service, comfortable vehicle and very friendly and polite guide who provides details about nature.
Was not able to see elephants but the scenery, view and nature was breathtaking. Thanks for the wonderful experience!!
By: Glenn Pressman, United States | posted Thu 25 Jul, 2019
Our guide Lek was great. He was very knowledgeable about wildlife and took the time to educate us. He even fished a scorpion out of a hole under a tree. My only regret was that we didn’t have more time to visit more waterfalls. We all give Lek 5 stars
By: Jordi Moreno Caceres, Spain | posted Fri 12 Jul, 2019
El guia fue encantador y la excursión una gozada. Vimos un elefante salvaje, macacos, gibones, ciervos, lagartos y algún cálao, pero estos últimos de pasada y bastante lejos.
Existen alternativas más baratas, pero la atención que recibimos fue impecable. Un 10.
By: Sébastien Hofer, Germany | posted Tue 9 Jul, 2019
We had an awesome trip in late November 2018. We were only 2 in our little group and saw many animals. We thank very much oug guide Tata for accompanying us through the park! :-)
By: Stefan Kunerth, Germany | posted Fri 5 Jul, 2019
Very good and prompt service and response, interesting & informative tour, extraordinary capable and enthusiastic tour guide
Tour details in short:
- Duration: 1 day
- Type: Private tour
- Price: 1,600 - 5,400 THB
- Group size: 1 or more people
- Grade: Easy to moderate
- Transport: Safari vehicle
- Start: 8 - 8:30 a.m.
- End: 6 - 7 p.m.
What to bring:
- Long trousers
- Rain clothing
- Sweater or light jacket
- Hiking or sport shoes
- Insect repellent
- Sunblock lotion
All Khao Yai tours
- 1-day wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 1-day wildlife tour with night safari in Khao Yai
- 1.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 3-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- Birdwatching tours in Khao Yai
- Photo tours in Khao Yai
- 1-day wildlife tour in Khao Yai (Group tour)
- 2-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai (Group tour)