1-day wildlife tour in Khao Yai
Khao Yai National Park deserves more than just a 1 day visit, but for those with limited time a daytour is still a great way to get a taste of the jungle.
The reserve is great for wildlife watching, but with just one day you will need quite a bit of luck.
A daytour in Khao Yai contains hiking, safari drives, a visit to a waterfall and a scenic viewpoint. A mix of wildlife watching and enjoying scenery.
This is an example itinerary. The program might be changed due to weather conditions, accessibility issues or any other obstacles.
Day 1 From 8 a.m. to about 6 p.m.
We will meet you at your hotel or other pick-up location we agreed on.
The daytrip starts with a drive looking for wildlife like gibbons, hornbills, macaques and other animals along the road. And afterwards we head to a trailhead to set out on a jungle hike to learn more about the forest inhabitants and the plantlife. Even if you're not lucky with wildlife encounters, the massive strangler fig trees make it all worthwhile. By the end of this walk we'll have a Thai lunch at one of the park restaurants.
We continue the program with a visit to one of Khao Yai's famous waterfalls known from Leonardio Di Caprio's "The Beach" movie, and the late afternoon we spend mostly by car to check the various saltlicks and foraging areas where elephants might show up.
At the end of the trip, you will be returned to your hotel or other destination we agreed on.
Where & When?
This trip departs from Pak Chong and can be booked all year-round. Pak Chong can be reached by public transport from Bangkok. If you are interested in a private transfer by taxi or minivan, just let us know! A taxi trip from Bangkok takes 2.5 hours, it costs 2200 THB one way and 3200 THB for a round trip within same day.
You'll be accompanied by a private guide and no other people will join you; the best way to explore nature!
Please confirm with us before booking a hotel in Khao Yai area as we don't offer pickup if your hotel is too far away. Or because some hotel owners don't like their guests to be picked up by tour operators.
Expand to see the list of some popular hotels we pick up from
These are the most popular hotels booked by our guests, for other hotels, please ask us.
- Khao Yai Cottage | Khao Yai, from 54 USD
- Botanica Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 103 USD
- atta Lakeside Resort Suite | Khao Yai, from 240 USD
- Kirimaya Golf Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 111 USD
- Lala Mukha Tented Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 240 USD
- Baan Kinlom Chom Daw Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 30 USD
- Muthi Maya Forest Pool Villa Resort | Khao Yai, from 217 USD
- The Frog Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 40 USD
- Baan Saranya | Khao Yai, from 42 USD
- Belle Villa Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 61 USD
- Prairie Hills Resort | Khao Yai, from 62 USD
- Golden Mountain Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 66 USD
- Mandarin Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 75 USD
- Balios Resort Khaoyai | Khao Yai, from 75 USD
- Palio Inn | Khao Yai, from 80 USD
- Greenery Resort - Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 82 USD
- Romantic Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 89 USD
- Thames Valley Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 116 USD
- In Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 163 USD
- Phuwanalee Resort | Khao Yai, from 176 USD
|Group size||Rate per person|
|8 and up||1,600 THB|
Tour rates include:
- Entrance fees (400 THB per person)
- English speaking guide
- Transportation from/to hotel or other meeting point
- Snacks & fruit
- Drinking water
- Leech protection socks
Reviews from our guests
We appreciate your feedback after the tour when booking with us.
By: Marcello Grantini, Italy | posted Sat 18 Aug, 2018
Very Good Organisation.
Guide very competent and available.
Timing schedule well done.
By: MICHAEL BOYAR, United Kingdom | posted Sat 11 Aug, 2018
We had a really wonderful day. We were met on time. Our guide was fantastic , friendly and very knowledgeable. The trekking and truck ride were supurb. Our guide took some amazing photos and emailed them to us within 2 hours of the end of the trip. We would definitely recommend this trip and guide. Thank you so much.
By: Alexa Murguido, United States | posted Mon 6 Aug, 2018
One of the best things we did in Thailand. We enjoyed hiking through the trails and seeing all of the different animals. Our Guide TATA was the best. He even stopped us at a coffee shop on the way back to our hotel. We fell in love with Thailand and the Thai people. Thank you for everything!
By: NICOLA MIGLIETTA, Italy | posted Sun 5 Aug, 2018
Everything has been fantastic!
Our guide was very professional and amazing at the same time.
I suggest it.
By: Nuria Peidro, Spain | posted Wed 1 Aug, 2018
Good service, good guide. The natinal park was amazing
The price was expensive even the quality was good
By: Yiwei Du, Singapore | posted Wed 11 Jul, 2018
The guide was very experienced and brought us to view animals like the gibbons. He was caring as well, he lead the children (6yo) and assisted them along the trek. The weather was great in the morning. What brought it down was the muddy ground when we went trekking (due to the rain the day before).
By: Sam Naylor, United Kingdom | posted Wed 30 May, 2018
A fantastic trip! We only had one day to explore the park and our guide was excellent at adapting the itinerary to suit us as well as a great guide to the animals of Khao Yai. I’ve been on wildlife tours all over the world and this was a very high quality tour! Thank you to our guide Beer!
By: XABIER Uroz, Spain | posted Thu 3 May, 2018
Hello. For my college and me, this visit was the best of Thailand.
Tour operator's response
We are very happy to hear that ;-)
Thank you for booking with us!
By: Joelle Schmid, Switzerland | posted Sat 28 Apr, 2018
We really enjoyed de tour. the guide was very friendly and funny. We have seen a lot animals on the 2 hours walk abd the lunch was very good. Thank you for the pick up at our hotel.
By: Carol June Wallen, United States | posted Fri 6 Apr, 2018
I loved my time in Khao Yai from the time my guide Jun picked me up until they (Jun and my driver) walked me back to the lobby. It is a beautiful park and a true natural treasure. I do hope to return someday. My guide and driver were both wonderful, friendly and caring. Since I can not climb stairs much less down to waterfalls, I was grateful they went out of their way to find things for me to see and do. It was definately a day I won't forget and for which I thank them.
Tour details in short:
- Duration: 1 day
- Type: Private tour
- Price: 1,600 - 5,400 THB
- Group size: 1 or more people
- Grade: Easy to moderate
- Transport: Safari vehicle
- Start: 8 - 8:30 a.m.
- End: 6 - 7 p.m.
What to bring:
- Long trousers
- Rain clothing
- Sweater or light jacket
- Hiking or sport shoes
- Insect repellent
- Sunblock lotion
All Khao Yai tours
- 1-day wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 1-day wildlife tour with night safari in Khao Yai
- 1.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 3-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 4-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- Birdwatching tours in Khao Yai
- Photo tours in Khao Yai
- 1-day wildlife tour in Khao Yai (Group tour)
- 2-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai (Group tour)