1-day wildlife tour in Khao Yai
Khao Yai National Park deserves more than just a 1 day visit, but for those with limited time a daytour is still a great way to get a taste of the jungle.
The reserve is great for wildlife watching, but with just one day you will need quite a bit of luck.
A daytour in Khao Yai contains hiking, safari drives, a visit to a waterfall and a scenic viewpoint. A mix of wildlife watching and enjoying scenery.
This is an example itinerary. The program might be changed due to weather conditions, accessibility issues or any other obstacles.
Day 1 From 8 a.m. to about 6 p.m.
We will meet you at your hotel or other pick-up location we agreed on.
The daytrip starts with a drive looking for wildlife like gibbons, hornbills, macaques and other animals along the road. And afterwards we head to a trailhead to set out on a jungle hike to learn more about the forest inhabitants and the plantlife. Even if you're not lucky with wildlife encounters, the massive strangler fig trees make it all worthwhile. By the end of this walk we'll have a Thai lunch at one of the park restaurants.
We continue the program with a visit to one of Khao Yai's famous waterfalls known from Leonardio Di Caprio's "The Beach" movie, and the late afternoon we spend mostly by car to check the various saltlicks and foraging areas where elephants might show up.
At the end of the trip, you will be returned to your hotel or other destination we agreed on.
Where & When?
This trip departs from Pak Chong and can be booked all year-round. Pak Chong can be reached by public transport from Bangkok. If you are interested in a private transfer by taxi or minivan, just let us know! A taxi trip from Bangkok takes 2.5 hours, it costs 2200 THB one way and 3200 THB for a round trip within same day.
You'll be accompanied by a private guide and no other people will join you; the best way to explore nature!
Please confirm with us before booking a hotel in Khao Yai area as we don't offer pickup if your hotel is too far away. Or because some hotel owners don't like their guests to be picked up by tour operators.
Expand to see the list of some popular hotels we pick up from
These are the most popular hotels booked by our guests, for other hotels, please ask us.
- Khao Yai Cottage | Khao Yai, from 40 USD
- Botanica Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 106 USD
- atta Lakeside Resort Suite | Khao Yai, from 129 USD
- Lala Mukha Tented Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 90 USD
- Kirimaya Golf Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 117 USD
- Thames Valley Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 142 USD
- Baan Kinlom Chom Daw Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 31 USD
- Muthi Maya Forest Pool Villa Resort | Khao Yai, from 246 USD
- The Frog Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 41 USD
- Baan Saranya | Khao Yai, from 49 USD
- Phuwanalee Resort | Khao Yai, from 62 USD
- Greenery Resort - Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 66 USD
- Golden Mountain Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 68 USD
- Mandarin Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 77 USD
- Prairie Hills Resort | Khao Yai, from 77 USD
- Palio Inn | Khao Yai, from 80 USD
- Balios Resort Khaoyai | Khao Yai, from 80 USD
- Belle Villa Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 88 USD
- Romantic Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 110 USD
- In Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 163 USD
|Group size||Rate per person|
|8 and up||1,600 THB|
Tour rates include:
- Entrance fees (400 THB per person)
- English speaking guide
- Transportation from/to hotel or other meeting point
- Snacks & fruit
- Drinking water
- Leech protection socks
Reviews from our guests
We appreciate your feedback after the tour when booking with us.
By: Obara Ayako, Japan | posted Wed 12 Dec, 2018
We recommend this service for foreign tourists!
By: Maxim Lee, Singapore | posted Sat 8 Dec, 2018
Excellent guided tour by Apple. He took care and assured our worried young kids during the walk in the jungle. We spotted a lone male elephant along the drive into the park center (can’t stop and no time to take photos), gibbons, smaller species of hornbill, deers and monkey etc. Apple also took us to a waterfall and up to the top of a mountain where we had a spectacular view of the park!
By: F Lai, Hong Kong | posted Sat 1 Dec, 2018
Very good system for booking, drivers and guide are provided good services, on-time.
By: C H Eng, Singapore | posted Sat 1 Dec, 2018
Bon was a great, dedicated guide who ensures we enjoy ourselves to the fullest by sharing his knowledge on nature and spotting wildlife such as the water monitor lizard, kingfisher, pit vipers, gibbons with his own zoom lens. We had lunch cooked by him and my kids enjoyed his delicious Tom kha khai. We even manage to close up on the wild elephants! It was a fantastic experience for our children. Thumbs up!
By: Kwee Siam Sia, Malaysia | posted Sat 1 Dec, 2018
It was a fun & superb journey with Tata. He is experienced & sharp in spotting the amazing animals & insects. We had great time & this is only our first and will be more nature trail trek to be done in Thai. We had an excellent starting point for Thai national Parks expedition in Khao Yai National Park
By: Lewis Soo, Hong Kong | posted Thu 29 Nov, 2018
A wonderful day of tour. Glad to see so many animals, bugs and plants. Our tour guide Khun Lek was great. He really knows where to find those animals. Khao Yai National Park is beautiful. We went in November and it was cool in the morning and evening. Very comfortable.
By: Martin Ng, Singapore | posted Tue 27 Nov, 2018
One of the best trip
By: Ann Chee, Singapore | posted Mon 26 Nov, 2018
I enjoy this tour a lot. It is my first time to experience this type of trekking through the forest and looking for wildlife animals. And my guide Bon was very nice and try his very best to make sure I get to see the wild elephants. Saw quite a few of different animals (Hornbill, Gibbon, viper, Deer, Elephant,,etc) and would recommend friends and others who are interested in this kind of experience. Will look forward to go for a longer trip and experience more of the National park.
By: Janet Tai, Singapore | posted Thu 22 Nov, 2018
we are very satisfied and thanks for the guide.
By: Bryan Pipe, Canada | posted Fri 16 Nov, 2018
Your communication was fast and thorough. The drivers who picked us up were early and got us to our destinations quickly. One, our guide in the park was excellent. Her knowledge and perceptiveness were keen and she shown great enthusiasm and care for the nature and wildlife around her. It was a memorable day out. Thank you for pulling it all together for us. Will definitely recommend Thai National Parks.
Tour details in short:
- Duration: 1 day
- Type: Private tour
- Price: 1,600 - 5,400 THB
- Group size: 1 or more people
- Grade: Easy to moderate
- Transport: Safari vehicle
- Start: 8 - 8:30 a.m.
- End: 6 - 7 p.m.
What to bring:
- Long trousers
- Rain clothing
- Sweater or light jacket
- Hiking or sport shoes
- Insect repellent
- Sunblock lotion
All Khao Yai tours
- 1-day wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 1-day wildlife tour with night safari in Khao Yai
- 1.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 3-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- Birdwatching tours in Khao Yai
- Photo tours in Khao Yai
- 1-day wildlife tour in Khao Yai (Group tour)
- 2-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai (Group tour)