Private taxi/minivan options
Private Tour - One way transfer or full day taxi services to Khao Yai - One way from 2,200 Baht or full day from 3,300 Baht.
Private Tour - A DIY taxi tour to north of Khao Yai from Bangkok, from 3,300 Baht, leave Bangkok 6 am, return to Bangkok 8-9 pm.
Private Tour - Enjoy a 2 days, 1 night DIY taxi tour north of Khao Yai from 5,500 Baht.
Private Tour - Enjoy a 3 days, 2 nights DIY taxi tour north of Khao Yai from from 7,200 Baht.
Private Tour - Combine a full day taxi to north of Khao Yai National Park with a visit to Ayutthaya temples, from 3,100 Baht.
From 3,100 - 4,700 Baht per person'
There are public transportation options from Bangkok to hotels and to the checkpoint north of Khao Yai but no direct public transportations. Also there is no public transportation into the heart of the park where the visitor center is located. Hitchhiking from the checkpoint is allowed but the visitors won't be allowed to walk to the visitor center area which is too far inside the park.
Via tour operators
If you are staying in Bangkok; While booking various wildlife tours in Khao Yai National Park, it is possible to arrange a private transportation from your hotel to the park.
The public services options will take you to the checkpoint only (northern gate), which is around 14 km from the visitor center inside the national park. The options to get into the park are; your own vehicle, hire a local driver service from your hotel/checkpoint, hitchhike from the checkpoint or join a guided tour.
Pak Chong to Khao Yai
Songtaews runs very frequently and operates from 8 am until 4:30 pm. The last stop is the northern gate of the national park. Another 14 km of private transportation or hitchhiking will be required to get to the visitor center area which is 14 km south.
From Bangkok to Khao Yai
Minivans from Bangkok to Pak Chong
Minivans used to operate from Victory monument to Pak Chong, but the operating company moved to Mo Chit Bus Station as of October 2016. No more service from Victory Monument.
Bus from Bangkok to Pak Chong
There are various busses to Pak Chong from Mo Chit Bus Station every half hour and prices are around 180B. Make sure the bus you take stops at Pak Chong, if you take the wrong bus, they won't stop at Pak Chong and continue to Nakhon Ratchasima.
Train from Bangkok to Pak Chong
Train is the slowest and an expensive way to get to Pak Chong. They take off from Hua Lamphong Train Station in Central Bangkok and it takes 4-5 hours to get to Pak Chong. Visit www.railway.co.th for the time table.
From Ayutthaya to Khao Yai
Train from Ayutthaya to Pak Chong
There are trains that take off from Ayutthaya Provincial Train Station to Pak Chong on irregular times every two hours or more. The journey takes a bit more than two hours. Visit www.railway.co.th for the time table.
Scooter is one of the best ways to get around in Khao Yai National Park and is the best way to spot big mammals such as elephants on your own.
Scooters can be rented for 300 Baht a day in Pak Chong or for 600 Baht a day at the park entrance at north. See the map for the location of a company (Thai Yen Co Ltd) that rents scooters at Pak Chong. They are open Monday to Saturday between 8 am - 5 pm, closed Sundays.
Drive from Bangkok to Khao Yai North
- Take the highway route 31 north from Bangkok and drive 42 km until the junction to route 1
- Turn right to route 1 and drive 54 km north west until the junction to route 2 in Saraburi
- Turn right to route 2 and drive 58 km east until you reach the junction point to route 2090 south of Pak Chong
- Turn right to route 2090 and drive another 22 until you get to the northern checkpoint
Drive from Bangkok to Khao Yai South
- Take the highway route 31 north from Bangkok towards Don Muang Airport and drive 21 km until the junction to route 305
- Turn right to route 305 and drive 76 km until you reach the junction to route 33 in Nakhon Nayok
- Turn right to route 33 and drive 6.5 km south east until you reach the junction to route 3288
- Turn left to route 3288 and drive 18 km until you reach the junction to route 4005
- Turn left to route 4005 and drive the last 1.5 km until you reach the southern checkpoint
Below the list of some hotels in a convenient distance to the north gate. Starred ones are popular or recommended ones.
- atta Lakeside Resort Suite (SHA Certified) | Khao Yai, from 129 USD
- Botanica Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 106 USD
- Khao Yai Cottage | Khao Yai, from 40 USD
- Kirimaya Golf Resort & Spa (SHA Certified) | Khao Yai, from 117 USD
- Lala Mukha Tented Resort Khao Yai (SHA Certified) | Khao Yai, from 90 USD
- Thames Valley Khao Yai Hotel (SHA certified) | Khao Yai, from 142 USD
- Baan Kinlom Chom Daw Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 31 USD
- Muthi Maya Forest Pool Villa Resort (SHA Certified) | Khao Yai, from 246 USD
- Prairie Hills Resort | Khao Yai, from 77 USD
- The Frog Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 41 USD
- Romantic Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 110 USD
- Phuwanalee Resort | Khao Yai, from 62 USD
- Family Resort Khao Yai (Pet-friendly hotel) | Khao Yai, from 68 USD
- Baan Saranya | Khao Yai, from 49 USD
- Belle Villa Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 88 USD
- Greenery Resort - Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 66 USD