Click to highlight on map
With private taxi/minivan
The taxi options below are around the market rates, much cheaper than the expensive alternatives some hotels & resorts offers.
Private Tour - One way transfer or full day taxi services to Khao Yai - One way from 2,200 Baht or full day from 3,600 Baht.
Private Tour - A day trip to Khao Yai from Bangkok, from 3,300 Baht.
Private Tour - 2 days, 1 night taxi service around Khao Yai from 5,500 Baht.
Private Tour - 3 days, 2 nights taxi service around Khao Yai from 7,200 Baht.
Private Tour - Full day taxi service from Bangkok to Ayutthaya and North of Khao Yai from 3,800 Baht.
There are public trasportation options from Bangkok to hotels and to the checkpoint north of Khao Yai but no direct public transportations. Also there are no public transportation into the heart of the park where the visitor center is located. Beyond the checkpoints, only private transportations, guided tours or hitchhiking allowed, you won't be allowed to walk to the visitor center are which is too far inside the park.
Via tour operators
If you are staying in Bangkok; While booking various wildlife tours in Khao Yai National Park, it is possible to arrange a private transportation from your hotel to the park.
The public services options will take you to the checkpoint only (northern gate), which is around 14 km from the visitor center inside the national park. The options to get into the park are; your own vehicle, hire a local driver service from your hotel/checkpoint, hitchhike from the checkpoint or join a guided tour.
Pak Chong to Khao Yai
Songtaews runs very frequently and operates from 8am until 4:30pm. The last stop is northern gate of the national park. Another 14 km of private transportation or hitchhiking will be required to get to the visitor center area which is 14km south.
From Bangkok to Khao Yai
Minivans from Bangkok to Pak Chong
Minivans used to operate from Victory monument to Pak Chong, but the operating company moved to Mo Chit Bus Station as of October 2016. No more service from Victory Monument.
Bus from Bangkok to Pak Chong
There are various busses to Pak Chong from Mo Chit Bus Station every half hour and prices are around 180B. Make sure the bus you take stops at Pak Chong, if you take the wrong bus, they won't stop at Pak Chong and continue to Nakhon Ratchasima.
Train from Bangkok to Pak Chong
Train is the slowest and more expensive way to get to Pak Chong. They take off from Hua Lampong Train Station in Central Bangkok and it takes 4-5 hours to get to Pak Chong. Visit www.railway.co.th for the time table.
From Ayutthaya to Khao Yai
Train from Ayutthaya to Pak Chong
There are trains that take off from Ayutthaya Provincial Train Station to Pak Chong on irregular times every two hours or more. The journey takes a bit more than two hours. Visit www.railway.co.th for the time table.
Scooter is one of best ways to get around in Khao Yai National Park and is best way to spot big mammals such as elephants on your own. There is an elder couple on the first campsite that sells fuel in bottle when needed.
Scooters can be rent for 300B a day in Pak Chong or for 600B a day at park entrance at north. See the map for the location of a company (Thai Yen Co Ltd) that rents scooters at Pak Chong. They are open Monday to Saturday between 8am - 5pm, closed Sundays.
Drive from Bangkok to Khao Yai North
- Take the highway route 31 north from Bangkok and drive 42km until the junction to route 1
- Turn right to route 1 and drive 54 km north west until the junction to route 2 in Saraburi
- Turn right to route 2 and drive 58 km east until you reach the junction point to route 2090 south of Pak Chong
- Turn right to route 2090 and drive another 22 until you get to the northen check point
Drive from Bangkok to Khao Yai South
- Take the highway route 31 north from Bangkok towards Dong Mueang Airport and drive 21km until the junction to route 305
- Turn right to route 305 and drive 76km until you reach the junction to route 33 in Nakhon Nayok
- Turn right to route 33 and drive 6.5km south east until you reach the junction to route 3288
- Turn left to route 3288 and drive 18km until you reach the junctino to route 4005
- Turn left to route 4005 and drive the last 1.5km until you reach the southern checkpoint
Below the list of some hotels in a convenient distance to the north gate. Starred ones are popular or recommended ones.
- Khao Yai Cottage | Khao Yai, from 40 USD
- Botanica Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 106 USD
- atta Lakeside Resort Suite | Khao Yai, from 129 USD
- Lala Mukha Tented Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 90 USD
- Kirimaya Golf Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 117 USD
- Thames Valley Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 142 USD
- Baan Kinlom Chom Daw Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 31 USD
- Muthi Maya Forest Pool Villa Resort | Khao Yai, from 246 USD
- The Frog Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 41 USD
- Baan Saranya | Khao Yai, from 49 USD
- Phuwanalee Resort | Khao Yai, from 62 USD
- Greenery Resort - Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 66 USD
- Family Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 68 USD
- Mandarin Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 77 USD
- Prairie Hills Resort | Khao Yai, from 77 USD
- Palio Inn | Khao Yai, from 80 USD
- Balios Resort Khaoyai | Khao Yai, from 80 USD
- Belle Villa Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 88 USD
- Romantic Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 110 USD
- In Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 163 USD