Private Tour | Birdwatching tours in Khao Yai
Home to several hundred different type of bird species, Khao Yai National Park is no doubt among one of the best destination in Thailand for birding trips. Few of exciting birds seen in the park are oriental pied-, great-, brown- and wreathed hornbills, ground dwelling birds like silver pheasant and Siamese fireback, red-headed and orange breasted trogons, several pitta, barbet, owl, broadbill species and many many more.
Our itineraries are suitable for first-timers as well as for experienced birders targeting specific birds. During our birding trips there are great possibilities to see other exciting animals.
Expand to see list of bird species found in Khao Yai
Our birdwatching tours in Khao Yai are private tours with flexible itineraries accompanied by professional birding guides. We will discuss in advance about what you are after and decide the destinations accordingly. If you don't require anything specific, we'll come up with suggestions.
Where & When?
Khao Yai national park lies just 2.5 - 3 hours from Bangkok, accessible through various public transformation services but also by private transfers on request. A taxi trip from Bangkok takes 2.5 hours, it costs 2200 THB one way and 3200 THB for a round trip within same day.
Our birding adventure starts from nearny Pak Chong. The park is open all year round and tours available throughout the year. Birding possibilities are always good with every season offering different advantages, but the winter season November to February is generally best time for birdwatching. Hornbills are known to be nesting from January until May.
Our birdwatching tours are private tours and all-inclusive except for the accommodation. Prices shown below are per day and person. Multi-day trips up to 3-4 days are possible.
Please confirm with us before booking a hotel in Khao Yai area as we don't offer pickup if your hotel is too far away. Or because some hotel owners don't like their guests to be picked up by tour operators.
Expand to see the list of some popular hotels we pick up from
These are the most popular hotels booked by our guests, for other hotels, please ask us.
- Khao Yai Cottage | Khao Yai, from 40 USD
- Botanica Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 106 USD
- atta Lakeside Resort Suite | Khao Yai, from 129 USD
- Lala Mukha Tented Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 90 USD
- Kirimaya Golf Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 117 USD
- Thames Valley Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 142 USD
- Baan Kinlom Chom Daw Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 31 USD
- Muthi Maya Forest Pool Villa Resort | Khao Yai, from 246 USD
- The Frog Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 41 USD
- Baan Saranya | Khao Yai, from 49 USD
- Phuwanalee Resort | Khao Yai, from 62 USD
- Greenery Resort - Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 66 USD
- Family Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 68 USD
- Mandarin Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 77 USD
- Prairie Hills Resort | Khao Yai, from 77 USD
- Palio Inn | Khao Yai, from 80 USD
- Balios Resort Khaoyai | Khao Yai, from 80 USD
- Belle Villa Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 88 USD
- Romantic Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 110 USD
- In Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 163 USD
|Group size||Rate per person|
|8 and up||2,000 THB|
Tour rates include:
- Entrance fees (400 baht per person/day)
- Expert birding guide (English)
- Transportation from/to hotel or other meeting point
- Drinking water
- Leech protection socks
Reviews from our guests
We appreciate your feedback after the tour when booking with us.
Tour details in short:
- Type: Private tour
- Price: 2,000 - 7,200 THB per person
- Group size: 1 or more people
- Grade: Moderate
- Transport: Pick-up truck
- Start: 6:30 a.m.
- End: - 6 to 7 p.m.
What to bring:
- Long trousers
- Sweater or light jacket
- Rain clothing
- Hiking or sport shoes
- Photo camera
- Insect repellent
- Sunblock lotion
- Hat or cap