Birdwatching tours in Khao Yai
Home to several hundred different type of bird species, Khao Yai National Park is no doubt among one of the best destination in Thailand for birding trips. Few of exciting birds seen in the park are oriental pied-, great-, brown- and wreathed hornbills, ground dwelling birds like silver pheasant and Siamese fireback, red-headed and orange breasted trogons, several pitta, barbet, owl, broadbill species and many many more.
Our itineraries are suitable for first-timers as well as for experienced birders targeting specific birds. During our birding trips there are great possibilities to see other exciting animals.
Expand to see list of bird species found in Khao Yai
Our birdwatching tours in Khao Yai are private tours with flexible itineraries accompanied by professional birding guides. We will discuss in advance about what you are after and decide the destinations accordingly. If you don't require anything specific, we'll come up with suggestions.
Where & When?
Khao Yai national park lies just 2.5 - 3 hours from Bangkok, accessible through various public transformation services but also by private transfers on request. A taxi trip from Bangkok takes 2.5 hours, it costs 2200 THB one way and 3200 THB for a round trip within same day.
Our birding adventure starts from nearny Pak Chong. The park is open all year round and tours available throughout the year. Birding possibilities are always good with every season offering different advantages, but the winter season November to February is generally best time for birdwatching. Hornbills are known to be nesting from January until May.
Our birdwatching tours are private tours and all-inclusive except for the accommodation. Prices shown below are per day and person. Multi-day trips up to 3-4 days are possible.
Please confirm with us before booking a hotel in Khao Yai area as we don't offer pickup if your hotel is too far away. Or because some hotel owners don't like their guests to be picked up by tour operators.
Expand to see the list of some popular hotels we pick up from
These are the most popular hotels booked by our guests, for other hotels, please ask us.
- Khao Yai Cottage | Khao Yai, from 41 USD
- Botanica Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 113 USD
- atta Lakeside Resort Suite | Khao Yai, from 122 USD
- Lala Mukha Tented Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 90 USD
- Kirimaya Golf Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 112 USD
- Baan Kinlom Chom Daw Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 31 USD
- Muthi Maya Forest Pool Villa Resort | Khao Yai, from 217 USD
- Baan Saranya | Khao Yai, from 37 USD
- The Frog Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 42 USD
- Apple Camp Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 50 USD
- Belle Villa Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 54 USD
- Prairie Hills Resort | Khao Yai, from 64 USD
- Golden Mountain Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 69 USD
- Phuwanalee Resort | Khao Yai, from 73 USD
- Mandarin Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 78 USD
- Greenery Resort - Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 80 USD
- Palio Inn | Khao Yai, from 80 USD
- Balios Resort Khaoyai | Khao Yai, from 81 USD
- Romantic Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 102 USD
- Thames Valley Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 121 USD
- In Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 163 USD
|Group size||Rate per person|
|8 and up||2000 THB|
Tour rates include:
- Entrance fees (400 baht per person/day)
- Expert birding guide (English)
- Transportation from/to hotel or other meeting point
- Drinking water
- Leech protection socks
Reviews from our guests
We appreciate your feedback after the tour when booking with us.
By: , Singapore | posted Thu 21 Jun, 2018
We thoroughly enjoyed the nature tour with our guide. He was very knowledgeable and sharp at spotting the different wildlife. Very entertaining as well!
Our guide has such love and passion for the nature which is a great learning experience for us. He speaks really good English which made communication seamless. It was a really fruitful trip thanks to him!
By: Shuting Liang, China | posted Thu 14 Jun, 2018
Our Guide, Jay was fabulous. His knowledge about the jungle is elaborate, and he is extremely friendly and accommodating. I will recommend your site to friends and possibly come back to the jungle myself. Thank you so much for such an amazing trip!
By: Knud Schulz, Germany | posted Mon 11 Jun, 2018
The trip was really nice with a lot of different varied spots and topics.
All things were well organized and the staff were perfect prepared.
We had a lot of fun.
Thanks for this great trip.
Tour operator's response
Thank you so much for your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the tour with us.
I hope we will be able to offer you our services again some time in the future..
Thank you again for choosing us..
By: Erwin Flatscher, Austria | posted Sun 10 Jun, 2018
we had a perfectly organized 2 day trip in Phetchaburi national park with Rush as a tour guide and a great driver.
we especially liked the overnight stay at the floating bungalows :)
Thank you for the great 2 days with you.
Regina & Erwin
Tour operator's response
Dear Regina & Erwin,
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the tour with us, thank you again for joining us on tour, hopefully we will see you again.
By: Wei Jian Chew, Singapore | posted Mon 4 Jun, 2018
The day trip is fun but tiring if you have kids in tow. The night safari can give it a miss, not worth the time even if it is free.
By: Kao Hsinling, Taiwan | posted Sun 3 Jun, 2018
It’s a good adventure
Khao yai national park has a wonderful view.
But it’s sadly we weren’t meet the elephant.
We will support it to our friend
And the taxi driver is professional. 👍👍
By: Cen Herve, France | posted Thu 31 May, 2018
I was very impressed by prompt communication. Every email or question was replyed immediately, even at the midnight. Therefore, the booking of the day tour was very efficient, very well done.
The tour was well organised. We were a little disappointed not to see that much animals, because of the rain season maybe. Otherwise, kids loved night safari. We enjoyed very much the nature of national park thanks to your guided tour.
By: Sam Naylor, United Kingdom | posted Wed 30 May, 2018
A fantastic trip! We only had one day to explore the park and our guide was excellent at adapting the itinerary to suit us as well as a great guide to the animals of Khao Yai. I’ve been on wildlife tours all over the world and this was a very high quality tour! Thank you to our guide Beer!
By: Liann Yoshimura, United States | posted Sun 20 May, 2018
Tour operator's response
Thank you for your feedback, happy to hear you had a great time on our tour.
By: Daniel Huber, Switzerland | posted Wed 16 May, 2018
Tata is a very good guide, he know what „farang“ looking for. It was a very good day trip with him. Even havy rain was not bad for our trip. He guide us in the forest, show us interesting animals and places. Even food was good. The night safary with the ranger, I never would do this again. They were not realy interested to show us somthing special. Maybe next time I wanna ask, if Tata can bring us to the bat Cave, think is more interesting than night safari with the rangers. I will come again with this company.
Tour details in short:
- Type: Private tour
- Price: 2,000 - 7,200 THB per person
- Group size: 1 or more people
- Grade: Moderate
- Transport: Pick-up truck
- Start: 6:30 a.m.
- End: - 6 to 7 p.m.
What to bring:
- Long trousers
- Sweater or light jacket
- Rain clothing
- Hiking or sport shoes
- Photo camera
- Insect repellent
- Sunblock lotion
- Hat or cap
All Khao Yai tours
- 1-day wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 1-day wildlife tour with night safari in Khao Yai
- 1.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 3-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 4-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- Birdwatching tours in Khao Yai
- Photo tours in Khao Yai
- 1-day wildlife tour in Khao Yai (Group tour)
- 2-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai (Group tour)