Species of Thailand
Yellow-barred wolf snake
Binomial name: Lycodon laoensis (Albert Charles Lewis Günther, 1864)
Lycodon laoensis, commonly known as the Indochinese wolf snake or Laotian wolf snake, is a species of colubrid snake, which is endemic to Asia.
It is found in India, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, China (Yunnan), and West Malaysia.
Dorsally it is dark brown, with a whitish or yellowish crossband on the occiput, and similar body crossbands which bifurcate on the sides. Ventrally it is whitish. Adults are about .5 m (20 inches) in total length, which includes the tail of about 10 cm (4 inches).
This article uses material from the Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Please see license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Lycodon laoensis
- German: Laotische Wolfszahnnatter
- English: Laotian wolf snake, Indochinese wolf snake, Yellow-barred wolf snake, Laos wolf snake
- Lycodon laoensis, Van Stanley Bartholomew Wallach et al. (2014)
- Lycodon laoensis, Nguyen Van Sang et al. (2009)
- Lycodon laoensis, Benedetto Lanza (1999)
- Lycodon laoensis, Merel J. Cox et al. (1998)
- Lycodon laoensis, Ulrich Manthey & Wolfgang Grossmann (1997)
- Ophites laoensis, Ermi Zhao & Kraig Adler (1993)
- Lycodon laoensis, Malcolm Arthur Smith (1943)
- Lycodon laoensis, George Albert Boulenger (1893)
- Lycodon laoensis, Albert Charles Lewis Günther (1864)
Yellow-barred wolf snake is found in following locations in Thailand
Please note that this non-official list is not complete nor necessarily accurate. This list is a summary of checklists from other websites, blogs, publications, photo/videos published on various websites or our own findings. We appreciate your contributions with photo proof.
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
Range map of Lycodon laoensis in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are generated automatically based on very limited data we have about the protected sites, the data is not necessarily accurate. Please help us to improve our range maps by sharing your findings/knowledge.