Species of Thailand
Common bridle snake
Thai: งูปล้องฉนวนอินเดีย (ngoo plong cha-nuan India)
Binomial name: Lycodon davisonii, William Thomas Blanford, 1878
Lycodon davisonii, commonly known as Blanford's bridle snake, is a species of harmless colubrid snake endemic to Asia. Blanford's bridle snake is so named because its slim body resembles the bridle used to control horses.
D. davisonii is found in Cambodia, China, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam, and Thailand.
The specific name, davisonii, is in honor of British ornithologist William Ruxton Davison.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Lycodon davisonii
- German: Nördliche Zügelnatter
- Common bridle snake
- Bridle snake
- Blanford's bridal snake
- Thai: งูปล้องฉนวนอินเดีย (ngoo plong cha-nuan India)
- Lycodon davisonii, Alex Figueroa et al. (2016)
- Dryocalamus davisonii, Van Stanley Bartholomew Wallach et al. (2014)
- Dryocalamus davisonii, Nguyen Van Sang et al. (2009)
- Dryocalamus davisoni, Tanya Chan-Ard et al. (1999)
- Dryocalamus davisonii, Merel J. Cox et al. (1998)
- Dryocalamus davisonii, Malcolm Arthur Smith (1943)
- Dryocalamus davisonii, George Albert Boulenger (1893)
- Hydrophobus davisonii, George Albert Boulenger (1890)
- Ulupe davisonii, William Thomas Blanford (1878)
- Ulupe davisoni, William Thomas Blanford (1878)
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
- Ban Lat District, Phetchaburi
- Bangkok Province
- Cha-Am District, Phetchaburi
- Chiang Muan District, Phayao
- Hat Noppharat Thara - Mu Ko Phi Phi National Park
- Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kaeng Krachan District, Phetchaburi
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Khao Chamao - Khao Wong National Park
- Khao Nang Panthurat Forest Park
- Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park
- Khao Soi Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Yai Da
- Khao Yai National Park
- Khlong Saeng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Ko Pha-ngan District, Surat Thani
- Ko Samui District, Surat Thani
- Ko Tao
- Mae Wang National Park
- Mueang Chumphon District, Chumphon
- Namtok Phlio National Park
- Pak Chong District, Nakhon Ratchasima
- Sai Yok District, Kanchanaburi
- Sakaerat Environmental Research Station
- Si Racha District, Chonburi
- Sri Nakarin Dam National Park
- Tha Yang District, Phetchaburi
- Thap Sakae District, Prachuap Khiri Khan
- Warin Chamrap District, Ubon Ratchathani
- Watthana Nakhon District, Sa Kaeo
Range map of Lycodon davisonii in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.