Species of Thailand
Berdmore's water skink
Binomial name: Tropidophorus berdmorei, Edward Blyth, 1853
Tropidophorus berdmorei, commonly known as Berdmore's water skink, is a species of skink endemic to Asia.
T. berdmorei is found in China, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam.
The specific name, berdmorei, is in honor of Thomas Matthew Berdmore, the collector.
This article uses material from the Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Photos in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Tropidophorus berdmorei
- German: Berdmores Wasserskink
- English: Berdmore’s water skink
- Tropidophorus berdmorei, Masanoa Honda et al. (2006)
- Tropidophorus berdmorei, Merel J. Cox et al. (1998)
- Tropidophorus berdmorei, Edward Harrison Taylor (1963)
- Tropidophorus berdmorei, Malcolm Arthur Smith (1935)
- Tropidophorus yunnanensis, George Albert Boulenger (1887)
- Tropidophorus berdmorei, William Theobald (1868)
- Aspris berdmorei, Edward Blyth (1853)
No photo for this species yet
Range map of Tropidophorus berdmorei in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits and Parinya Pawangkhanant for their help with many range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.