Hagen's pit viper
In Thai: งูแก้วหางแดง, ngu geow hang daeng
Binomial name: Trimeresurus hageni, Theodorus Willem van Lidth de Jeude, 1886
Trimeresurus hageni, commonly known as the Hagen's pit viper (or Hagen's green pit viper), is a species of pit viper, a venomous snake in the subfamily Crotalinae of the family Viperidae. The species is endemic to Southeast Asia. There are no subspecies which are currently recognized as being valid.
The specific name, hageni, is in honor of German naturalist Dr. Bernhard Hagen, who collected mammals, birds, reptiles, and insects in the eastern part of Sumatra.
Scalation of T. hageni includes 21 rows of dorsal scales at midbody, 176–198 ventral scales, 63–89 subcaudal scales, and 9–12 supralabial scales.
Trimeresurus hageni is found in Peninsular Thailand, Peninsular Malaysia, East Malaysia (Borneo)), Singapore and Indonesia (Sumatra and the nearby islands of Bangka, Simalur, Nias, Batu, and the Mentawai Islands).
The type locality given is "Sumatra ... island of Banka". Brongersma (1933) emended this to "Deli, Sumatra".
Trimeresurus hageni is oviparous.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Trimeresurus hageni
- German: Hagens Bambusotter
- Hagen's green pit viper
- Hagen's pitviper
- Thai: งูแก้วหางแดง, ngu geow hang daeng
- Parias hageni, Tanya Chan-Ard et al. (2015)
- Parias hageni, Van Stanley Bartholomew Wallach et al. (2014)
- Trimeresurus (Parias) hageni, David et al. (2011)
- Parias hageni, Anita Malhotra & Roger Stephen Thorpe (2004)
- Trimeresurus hageni, Roy W. McDiarmid, Jonathan A. Campbell & T'Shaka A. Touré (1999)
- Trimeresurus hageni, Merel J. Cox et al. (1998)
- Trimeresurus hageni, Ulrich Manthey & Wolfgang Grossmann (1997)
- Trimeresurus hageni, Kenneth R. G. Welch (1994)
- Trimeresurus hageni, Alice Georgie Cruickshank Grandison (1972)
- Trimeresurus hageni, Léo Daniël Brongersma (1933)
- Lachesis hageni, Theodorus Willem van Lidth de Jeude (1922)
- Lachesis sumatranus, George Albert Boulenger (1896)
- Bothrops hageni, Bernhard Hagen (1890)
- Bothrops hageni, Theodorus Willem van Lidth de Jeude (1886)
- Lachesis sumatranus nec Coluber sumatranus, Thomas Stamford Raffles (1822)
- Trimeresurus sumatranus, Thomas Stamford Raffles (1822)
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)