Species of Thailand
Thai: นกพญาไฟตะโพกสีน้ำตาล, nok phayaafai taphok see namtaan
Binomial name: Pericrocotus cantonensis, Robert Swinhoe, 1861
Swinhoe's minivet or brown-rumped minivet (Pericrocotus cantonensis) is a species of bird in the cuckooshrike family, Campephagidae.
It is found in Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Its natural habitats are temperate forests, subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests, and subtropical or tropical moist montane forest.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Pericrocotus cantonensis
- Brown-rumped minivet
- Swinhoe's minivet
- Thai: นกพญาไฟตะโพกสีน้ำตาล, nok phayaafai taphok see namtaan
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
No photo for this species yet
- Ban Phai District, Khon Kaen
- Bang Phra Non-hunting Area
- Bang Pu Recreation Centre
- Bangkok Province
- Chiang Dao District, Chiang Mai
- Chiang Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Doi Inthanon National Park
- Doi Pha Hom Pok National Park
- Doi Suthep-Pui National Park
- Hala-Bala Wildlife Sanctuary
- Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Kanthararom District, Sisaket
- Kantharawichai District, Maha Sarakham
- Khao Dinsor (Chumphon Raptor Center)
- Khao Khitchakut National Park
- Khao Lak - Lam Ru National Park
- Khao Luang National Park
- Khao Phra - Bang Khram Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Soi Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Sok National Park
- Khao Yai National Park
- Khon San District, Chaiyaphum
- Kui Buri National Park
- Lan Sang National Park
- Mae Moei National Park
- Mae Ngao National Park
- Mae Ping National Park
- Mae Sot District, Tak
- Mae Wong National Park
- Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai
- Mueang Khon Kaen District, Khon Kaen
- Mueang Tak District, Tak
- Nam Nao National Park
- Namtok Mae Surin National Park
- Namtok Phlio National Park
- Pang Sida National Park
- Phu Hin Rong Kla National Park
- Phu Khiao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phu Luang Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phu Suan Sai National Park
- Phutthamonthon District, Nakhon Pathom
- Pran Buri Forest Park
- Sai Yok District, Kanchanaburi
- Sakaerat Environmental Research Station
- Samut Prakan Province
- Sangkhla Buri District, Kanchanaburi
- Si Satchanalai District, Sukhothai
- Sri Phang-nga National Park
- Taksin Maharat National Park
- Thale Ban National Park
- Thap Lan National Park
- Thung Salaeng Luang National Park
- Thung Yai Naresuan Wildlife Sanctuary
Range map of Pericrocotus cantonensis in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
It is free to use this map on various media. See the creative common license terms by clicking "CC" icon below the map. But remember, again; the map may not be accurate or complete.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Biodiversity Survey & Species ID group on Facebook.