Species of Thailand
Binomial name: Pericrocotus roseus, Louis Jean Pierre Vieillot, 1818
The rosy minivet (Pericrocotus roseus) is a species of bird in the Campephagidae family. Male is distinguished from other minivets by having deep pink/light red shade in wings and tail and female having olive /olive yellow rump as against bright yellow in other minivets. Both male and female are grey above.
It is found in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Thailand, and Vietnam. In India, it is found in the Himalayas from west to east to Arunachal Pradesh and hills of Nagaland and Manipur. In winter in peninsula.
Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests, and subtropical or tropical moist montane forests.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Pericrocotus roseus
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
No photo for this species yet
- Bangkok Province
- Bueng Boraped Non-hunting Area
- Chaloem Phrakiat Thai Prachan National Park
- Chat Trakan Waterfall National Park
- Chiang Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Chiang Khong District, Chiang Rai
- Chiang Saen District, Chiang Rai
- Doi Inthanon National Park
- Doi Lo District, Chiang Mai
- Doi Pha Hom Pok National Park
- Doi Suthep-Pui National Park
- Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Kaeng Som Maew Queen Sirikit Forest Park
- Khao Luang National Park
- Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park
- Khao Soi Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Sok National Park
- Khao Yai National Park
- Khon San District, Chaiyaphum
- Khun Chae National Park
- Khun Tan District, Chiang Rai
- Kui Buri National Park
- Lan Sang National Park
- Mae Ai District, Chiang Mai
- Mae Rim District, Chiang Mai
- Mae Sot District, Tak
- Mae Wong National Park
- Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai
- Mueang Khon Kaen District, Khon Kaen
- Mueang Lopburi District, Lopburi
- Mueang Sukhothai District, Sukhothai
- Mueang Tak District, Tak
- Nam Nao National Park
- Nam Phong National Park
- Nanthaburi National Park
- Ob Khan National Park
- Phan District, Chiang Rai
- Phu Khiao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phu Kradueng National Park
- Phu Luang Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phu Suan Sai National Park
- Sakaerat Environmental Research Station
- Salawin National Park
- San Sai District, Chiang Mai
- Si Satchanalai District, Sukhothai
- Taksin Maharat National Park
- Tat Mok National Park
- Thale Ban National Park
- Thap Lan National Park
- Thung Salaeng Luang National Park
- Thung Yai Naresuan Wildlife Sanctuary
- Umphang Wildlife Sanctuary
- Wiang Lo Wildlife Sanctuary
Range map of Pericrocotus roseus in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits and Parinya Pawangkhanant for their help with many range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.