Species of Thailand
Wedge-tailed green pigeon
Thai: นกเปล้าหางพลั่ว, nok plao haang phlua
Binomial name: Treron sphenurus, Nicholas Aylward Vigors, 1832
The wedge-tailed green pigeon or Kokla green pigeon (Treron sphenurus) is a species of bird in the Columbidae family.
It is greenish yellow with wedge shaped tail.The crown is tinged with orange-rufous with variable amount of maroon on back and scapulars in male but absent in female. It is found in the Indian Subcontinent and Southeast Asia. It ranges across Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Thailand, Tibet and Vietnam. Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests and subtropical or tropical moist montane forests.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Treron sphenurus
- English: Wedge-tailed green pigeon
- Thai: นกเปล้าหางพลั่ว, nok plao haang phlua
- Treron sphenura, BirdLife International (2004)
- Treron sphenura, Charles Gald Sibley & Burt Leavelle Monroe (1990)
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
- Bangkok Province
- Chae Son National Park
- Chiang Dao District, Chiang Mai
- Chiang Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Doi Inthanon National Park
- Doi Lang
- Doi Pha Hom Pok National Park
- Doi Phu Kha National Park
- Doi Suthep-Pui National Park
- Huai Nam Dang National Park
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Khao Soi Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Yai National Park
- Mae Sot District, Tak
- Mae Wong National Park
- Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai
- Nam Nao National Park
- Pang Sida National Park
- Pha Daeng National Park
- Phu Khiao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phu Luang Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phu Suan Sai National Park
- Ramkhamhaeng National Park
- Taksin Maharat National Park
- Thung Yai Naresuan Wildlife Sanctuary
- Umphang Wildlife Sanctuary
Range map of Treron sphenurus in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
It is free to use this map on various media. See the creative common license terms by clicking "CC" icon below the map. But remember, again; the map may not be accurate or complete.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Biodiversity Survey & Species ID group on Facebook.