Species of Thailand
Thai: งูลายสาบเขียวขวั้นดำ, ngu lai saap khieow quan damm
Binomial name: Rhabdophis nigrocinctus, Edward Blyth, 1856
The black-striped keelback, green Keelback, banded keelback (Rhabdophis nigrocinctus) is a keelback snake in the family colubridae found in Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, and China.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
This species has nuchal glands, one of very few species of snakes in the world which is both venomous and poisonous. The only other species in Thailand which has nuchal glands is Rhabdophis subminiatus in same genus.
- Rhabdophis nigrocinctus
- German: Gebänderte Wassernatter
- Black-striped keelback
- Banded keelback
- Black-banded keelback
- Green keelback
- Thai: งูลายสาบเขียวขวั้นดำ, ngu lai saap khieow quan damm
- Rhabdophis nigrocinctus, Van Stanley Bartholomew Wallach et al. (2014)
- Rhabdophis nigrocinctus, Nguyen Van Sang et al. (2009)
- Rhabdophis nigrocinctus, Merel J. Cox et al. (1998)
- Rhabdophis nigrocinctus, Ulrich Manthey & Wolfgang Grossmann (1997)
- Rhabdophis nigrocincta, E. V. Malnate (1960)
- Natrix nigrocincta, Malcolm Arthur Smith (1943)
- Pseudoxenodon fruhstorferi, Franz Werner (1925)
- Rhabdophis nigrocincta, Frank Wall (1923)
- Tropidonotus eisenhoferi, Nils Carl Gustaf Fersen Gyldenstolpe (1916)
- Tropidonotus nigrocinctus, George Albert Boulenger (1893)
- Tropidonotus nigrocinctus, Edward Blyth (1856)
- Doi Inthanon National Park
- Doi Pha Hom Pok National Park
- Doi Phu Kha National Park
- Doi Suthep-Pui National Park
- Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Kapoe District, Ranong
- Kathu District, Phuket
- Khao Lak - Lam Ru National Park
- Khao Soi Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Sok National Park
- Khao Yai Da
- Khao Yai National Park
- Khlong Nakha Wildlife Sanctuary
- Lam Nam Kra Buri National Park
- Mae Wang District, Chiang Mai
- Mueang Phang Nga District, Phang Nga
- Namtok Phlio National Park
- Pang Sida National Park
- Phu Luang Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phuket Province
- Sakaerat Environmental Research Station
- Thalang District, Phuket
- Umphang Wildlife Sanctuary
- Wiang Kosai National Park
Range map of Rhabdophis nigrocinctus in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
It is free to use this map on various media. See the creative common license terms by clicking "CC" icon below the map. But remember, again; the map may not be accurate or complete.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Biodiversity Survey & Species ID group on Facebook.