Private Tour | Erawan Falls, cave & historical Sites | day tour
Our tours are private, meaning no others will share the transfer or the guide with you.
Kanchanaburi Province in west Thailand is home to several natural and historical sites popular among both local and foreign tourists. Erawan National Park in the province, with its famous falls, is no doubt one of the most iconic attractions in Thailand but it is also one of the most beautiful falls in entire Asia.
This one day tour includes a visit to popular Erawan Falls in Erawan National Park, Phra That Cave a bit north from the falls, The Bridge over the River Kwai in central Kanchanaburi and Prasat Muang Sing Historical Park south from the city which is famous for its ancient Khmer style temples.
- Our guide will meet you at 8 am from your hotel in Kanchanaburi City to embark the tour with a spacious and comfortable a/c car.
- The first stop will be Erawan Falls. Once arriving there, we will spend 3 hours walking up to all 7 tiers of Erawan Falls. If you are faint hearted we will only walk to the easily accessible first few lower tiers, you will decide how far we should go. It is possible to swim in blue/green waters which are full of fish. Good to bring with you hiking shoes, swimwear and towel.
- After having lunch at local restaurants near the visitor center we will drive you to Phra That Cave located 12 km North West from the falls. The cave is spacious with many beautiful stalactites and stalagmites, to be explored for an hour.
- Our next stop will be Prasat Muang Sing Historical Park which is the most important historical site in Kwai Noi basin. The park is home to a number of e Bayon-style temples as seen in Angkor Wat in Cambodia. The temples date back to the 13th and 14th centuries.
- Around 5:30 pm we will arrive back at Kanchanaburi City to walk over The Bridge over the River Kwai. The bridge is named after the film from 1957 based on the novel written by the French writer Pierre Boulle.
- Around 6 pm you will be taken back to your hotel.
Where & When?
Our guide will meet you at 8 am at your hotel's lobby in Kanchanaburi City where the tour will start from.
During the dry/hot seasons the water flow is less in Erawan Falls, but it will be beautiful as the water gets crystal clear and more ideal for swimming.
This full day tour can be booked all year-round.
When to book?
For the high season months from November to April, we recommend booking a few months in advance because for certain periods the guides may get fully booked. Though, for certain dates there may be guides available even when booked days/weeks before.
Tour details in short:
- Duration: 1 day
- Type: Private tour
- Price: 1,550 Baht and up per person (depending on group size)
- Group size: 1 or more people
- Grade: Easy to moderate
- Transport: SUV or minivan with a/c
- Start: 8 am
- End: 6 pm
What to bring:
- Hiking or sport shoes
- Swimming clothing
- Insect repellent
This tour is a private tour. You'll be accompanied by an English speaking licensed guide and no other people will join you; the best way to explore the falls and the historic sites. The listed prices below include private luxury transport, entrance fees, refreshments and lunch.
A day trip to the falls including visiting the historic sites may not be possible due to the long driving time from/back to Bangkok. If you need a tailored trip from Bangkok, please let us know and we can inform you of the feasibility with a price.
The listed price below doesn't include pickup from the Sai Yok area where some popular raft houses are located. For an additional fee, it is possible to embark the tour from the Sai Yok area.
|Price per person|
|Pax||From Kanchanaburi||From Bangkok|
|1||5,000 THB||7,400 THB|
|2||3,050 THB||4,200 THB|
|3||2,400 THB||3,200 THB|
|4||2,200 THB||2,850 THB|
|5||1,970 THB||2,500 THB|
|6||1,830 THB||2,300 THB|
|7||1,730 THB||2,100 THB|
|8||1,650 THB||2,000 THB|
|9||1,590 THB||1,900 THB|
Displayed prices are per person
Tour rates include:
- Private good English speaking tour guide
- Private transport from/to your hotel in Kanchanaburi City
- All entrance fees (400 Baht per person)
- Visit Erawan Falls
- Visit Phra That Cave
- Visit Prasat Muang Singh Historical Park
- Visit The Bridge Over the River Kwai
- Coffee/tea break & snacks
- Drinking water
- Soft drinks
Reviews from our guests
By: Desire Arendse | posted Tue 7 Nov, 2023 | From Kanchanaburi
Anda our tourguide was absolutely amazing. we started off bright and early in the jungle. To explore the caves. I was unfit, Anda was Mr Patience himself and even carried my bag as it was slowing me down. The cave was an experience that will linger with me for a long time.our next stop to the Waterfalls, with natural fish spa to indulge in. Anda was amazing .He is passionate about the sites he showedus ane I left learning so much from him. we visited other sites as well.But these ones stood out for me. i highly recommend Anda.
By: Anne Fischer | posted Thu 26 Oct, 2023 | From Kanchanaburi
Very nice tour with a very nice guide ! Recommend, good visit and a very good lunch with view ! Just would have been nice more time on the tour (we couldn’t do the temple due to not enough time)
By: Sarah Weill | posted Wed 4 Oct, 2023
We had a wonderful day. Highly recommended.
By: Alex from the UK | posted Fri 20 Jan, 2023
Our guide Cat was brilliant, she took us on a brilliant day trip and was super knowledgeable. She helped me order vegan food, and gave us lots of information on the local area. We had a brilliant time, the cave and the waterfalls are a must see. Thank you to the whole team for a brilliant addition to our holiday xx
By: Magdalena URSACHI | posted Sun 27 Nov, 2022
Fuimos con el guía Jackie primero a la cueva,que es espectacular, una cueva gigante, para llegar allí hay que hacer un poco de senderismo por la montaña, por escalones, pero es llevadera
Después fuimos a las cataratas, son impresionantes, esta vez el camino se hace un poco mas duro, ya que hay muchos escalones pero vale la pena, ya que te puedes bañar y refrescar, paramos a comer en un bufet que estaba riquísimo y mucha cantidad. A lo ultimo fuimos a un museo historico que también es precioso, mucha tranquilidad y naturaleza. Vale la pena toda la excursión.
By: Haris Mushtaq | posted Fri 4 Nov, 2022
Timely pickup and jolly and friendly guide and driver. Erwan park, falls and the cave are amazing by themselves but having the comfort of a private ride made it all better. The guide told us that we could spend as much time as wanted and modify the itenerary as needed. He also accepted our request not to accompany us on the falls so that we could take our time and space since the trail is very well marked. Park fee and lunch were paid by the service provider as promised.
By: Jason H. | posted Tue 30 Aug, 2022
I had the most incredible tour of Kanchanaburi. First, the tour was organized on very short notice. The staff at Thai National Parks was very professional.
My tour guide, Pat, was exceptional. She is very conscious of your personal safety on the slippery rocks and caves. She is safety first! Pat is very enthusiastic about Thai language, history and culture. She is very proud of the natural beauty of Thailand. She was an excellent guide. Our driver, Tom, was professional and skilled. A perfect day in Kanchanaburi.
I recommend this tour.
By: Lars Maarleveld | posted Wed 17 Aug, 2022
Jackie was an amazing tour guide who told us everything about the sights we went to see. He really made this a special day for us to remember. He’s also a phenomenal photographer and he helped us out when we went to the Erawan waterfalls :). If you’re going to do a tour here I highly recommend you ask for Jackie to be your guide!
By: Suzanne Geneste de Besme | posted Mon 4 Jul, 2022
Best tour ever! Tour guide was incredibly knowledgeable, flexible, and very funny!
By: Valerie MATHIEU | posted Thu 24 Mar, 2022
Very knowledgeable guide, friendly, English fluent, happy to share his knowledge and answer our question. Was flexible to changes. Great time :)