Private Tour | Erawan Falls, Sai Yok NP, cave, historical sites & raft house stay | 2D/1N tour
Kanchanaburi Province in west Thailand is home to several natural and historical sites popular among both local and foreign tourists. While Erawan National Park is famous for its waterfalls, Sai Yok National Park to the west is more popular for its raft houses over Khwae Noi River.
This strictly private 2-day tour includes a visit to popular Erawan Falls in Erawan National Park, Hellfire Pass & Memorial Museum, overnight stay at Krit Raft House in Sai Yok National Park for various activities, a cave, Prasat Muang Sing Historical Park and The Bridge over the River Kwai in central Kanchanaburi.
- 8 am - Our guide will pick you up from your hotel with an a/c car in the early morning to avoid the crowds at Erawan Falls.
- Visit Erawan Falls to spend 3 hours walking and enjoying the seven tiers of Erawan Falls. If you are faint hearted we will only walk to the easily accessible tiers. It is possible to swim in blue/emerald green waters which are full of fish. Good to bring with you hiking shoes, swimwear and towel.
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Visit Phra That Cave north of Erawan Falls
- Latest 3:30 pm - Arrive at Krit Raft House (floating bungalows) Sai Yok National Park
- 4 pm - The raft house floats on the river on the opposite side of the Sai Yok Yai Waterfall, with a very good view. This is where you will stay overnight. You will be provided with a spacious and comfortable private floating wooden raft, the bungalows are simple but charming, very clean, with a toilet, shower (cold water) and fan. The raft will be pulled upstream by a long tail boat so you can enjoy the view of other tiers. It will be possible to swim and do private raft & body rafting downstream with a life vest. Drinks, snacks, dinner and breakfast will be served on the raft. The electricity will be available from 6 pm to 6 am by a generator.
- 8 am - Checkout from Krit Raft House after the breakfast
- Visit Hellfire Pass and memorial museum
- Take train from Namtok Station to Krase Cave Station
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Walk along Death Railway Wooden Bridge, part of the old railway along beautiful slopes of steep mountainside on a wooden bridge. The bridge is still in working condition. We will also do a short visit to a nearby cave called Krasae cave. This smaller cave was used as a hospital by the Japanese during WWII
- Visit Rim Nam Café - A beautiful "of the track" riverside coffee shop by the River Kwai Noi making possibly the best coffee in Thailand.
- Visit Prasat Muang Singh Historical Park - The most important historical site in the Kwai Noi basin. The park is home to a number of e Bayon-style temples as seen in Angkor Wat in Cambodia. The temples date back to the 13th and 14th centuries
- Visit The Bridge Over the River Kwai
- 6 pm - Tour end in Kanchanaburi city
Where & When?
This full day tour can be booked all year-round. Our guide will meet you at 8 am on day-1 at your hotel or any other location you prefer where the tour will start from.
Tour details in short:
- Duration: 2 days
- Type: Private tour, 2D/1N with accommodation
- Price: 3,950 Baht and up (per person, depending on group size)
- Group size: 1 or more people
- Grade: Easy to moderate
- Transport: SUV or minivan with a/c
- Start: 8 am day-1
- End: 6 pm day-2
What to bring:
- Hiking or sport shoes
- Swimming clothing
- Insect repellent
This tour is a private tour. You'll be accompanied by an English speaking licensed guide and no other people will join you; the best way to explore attractions in this 2-day tour. The listed prices below include private transport, entrance fees, raft house stay, refreshments, meals and more. Please see the full list below.
|Pax||Rate per person|
Tour rates include:
- Private tour (not joined by others)
- English speaking local guide
- Private transport from/to your location/destination in Kanchanaburi (SUV for 3 pax or minivan for bigger groups)
- All entrance fees (700 Baht per person)
- Visit Erawan Falls
- Visit Phra That Cave
- Visit Sai Yok National Park
- Visit Sai Yok Yai Waterfall
- Visit Hellfire Pass & Memorial Museum
- Visit Krasae Cave
- Visit Death Railway wooden bridge
- Visit Prasat Muang Singh Historical Park
- Visit The Bridge Over River Kwai
- Train tickets
- 4 meals
- Accommodation (floating bungalow, double room)
- Coffee/tea break and snacks
- Drinking water
Reviews from our guests
By: Amanda Badger | posted Mon 6 Mar, 2023
We had an amazing trip, Jackie was great and shared so much knowledge, the places we ate where delicious.
The whole process to book was easy and was so worth the money, the raft hotel was such an experience and exceed our expectations, will put a review on Tripadvisor when we get home. Thank you for a great trip. Amanda
By: Udo | posted Thu 16 Feb, 2023
Would use it again. In a small group the guide has been flexible and gentle.
By: Tanja De la Court - Op den Camp | posted Mon 13 Feb, 2023
Very good tour, everything was good organized, the driver and the guide were very friendly and pleasant company. They did everything to make it perfect for us. The nature was amazing and the floating houses where we stayed for 1 night where lovely. Food was good and more than enough. With the raft to the waterfall to take a shower at the end of the day was great. The next day with all the historical sites was impressive and our guide Lookpad had a very good knowledge from the history and tragedy that happened in the area. Highly recommended
By: Katherine Moore | posted Sat 21 Jan, 2023
Amazing tour in Kanchanaburi! Jackie was a great guide, he kept us fully informed of what was planned each day, is very friendly, knowledgeable and was so good with our son. Our driver was also good and safely got us to the different places. The waterfall hike was stunning and the night at the raft house a highlight of our trip. Plenty (almost too much!) delicious food and snacks were provided. Finally booking was easy, Rushen responded quickly and provided all the information we needed. Have already recommended this trip to friends!
By: Katy Lu | posted Sat 14 Jan, 2023
Such a great tour and a lot cheaper than other similar tours. Especially enjoyed our stay at the raft floating house. It’s just a shame Hellfire pass was closed on the day we visited so we couldn’t visit and had 3 hours to spare. Would recommend this trip to others.
By: Natalie Thomas | posted Tue 27 Dec, 2022
The places were breathtaking, the service was exceptional, the tour guide was fantastic. It was a great way to experience the wonders of Thailand.
By: Edmund | posted Thu 27 Oct, 2022
Amazing experience - trip takes you to some spectacular places, and it's well thought through. Only downside was that the guide (who was really lovely) did not speak very good English at all, so there wasn't very much guiding, explaining, or even talking. But well worth the time, and a perfect two day trip from Bangkok.
Tour operator's response
Sorry about the guide's guiding level. We worked with the guide in question for the last couple of months with only a few tours assigned to him. He had recently moved back to Kanchanaburi from Bangkok. It was only last week the same guide informed us that he will move to a district far north in the same province with his family and won't be able to work for us.
We normally address the issues as best we can when negative feedback comes. In this case, the guide in question is already leaving us.
By: Andrew Jones | posted Mon 27 Jun, 2022
Jackie is a superstar! We had the best tour and he went above and beyond to make our time special
We will be recommending this trip to our friends because of Jackie!
By: Saskia Heinrich | posted Sat 30 Apr, 2022
We had a great 2 D Trip to Erawan an Sai Yok NP. For us it was a perfect tour to explore the area of Kanchanaburi and it's surroundings plus NPs. We had some unique experiences like floating on the river kwai noi and walking across the death railway bridge. Our guide Jacky was extraordinary, he was always concernd about us, very nice and he also has a lot to tell. We would totally recommend this tour, it is a great experience.