Oldham's leaf turtle
In Thai: เต่าห้วยท้องดำ, dtao huai thong damm
Binomial name: Cyclemys oldhamii, John Edward Gray, 1863
Oldham's leaf turtle (Cyclemys oldhamii) is a species of turtle in the family Geoemydidae.
Both the specific name, oldhamii, and the common name, Oldham's leaf turtle, are in honor of English plant collector Richard Oldham (1837-1864).
C. oldhamii is found in Bangladesh, in the terai of mizoram, in Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, W Borneo, Sumatra and Java. In addition, Cyclemys oldhami shanensis - sometimes considered a distinct species due to its shell pattern, oft described as looking similar to aged meat - occurs from central Myanmar to Thailand and Cambodia. The type locality was originally given as "Mergui and Siam", and restricted to Mergui by Smith (1931).
A case of hybridization between a male Cyclemys (oldhamii) shanensis and a female Chinese stripe-necked turtle has been described.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Cyclemys oldhamii
- Oldhams Dornrandschildkröte
- Indochinesische Dornschildkröte
- Oldham’s leaf turtle
- Dark-throated leaf turtle
- Stripeneck leaf turtle
- เต่าห้วยท้องดำ, dtao huai thong damm
- เต่าใบไม้พม่า, dtao bai mai Phamaa
- Cyclemys cf. oldhami, Daniel Jastrzębski et al. (2013)
- Cyclemys oldhami, Uwe Fritz et al. (2009)
- Cyclemys oldhami tcheponensis, Uwe Fritz et al. (2009)
- Cyclemys shanensis tcheponensis, Emil Hans Willi Hennig (2004)
- Cyclemys shanensis, Maik Schilde (2004)
- Cyclemys oldhami, Edgar Lehr & Rohan Holloway (2003)
- Cyclemys shanensis, Daniela Guicking et al. (2002)
- Cyclemys tcheponensis, Thomas Ziegler (2002)
- Geoemyda tcheponensis, Uwe Fritz et al. (1999)
- Cyclemys tiannamensis, Indraneil Das (1991)
- Cyclemys tiannanensis, Kou (1989)
- Geomyda tcheponensis, René Léon Bourret (1939)
- Geoemyda tcheponensis, René Léon Bourret (1939)
- Cylcemys dhor shanensis, Nelson Annandale (1918)
- Cyclemys shanensis tcheponensis, Nelson Annandale (1918)
- Cyclemys dhor shanensis, Nelson Annandale (1918)
- Cyclemys oldhami, Albert Charles Lewis Günther (1864)
- Cyclemys oldhami, John Edward Gray (1864)
- Cyclemys oldhami, John Edward Gray (1863)
Not Evaluated (IUCN2.3)