Species of Thailand
Oldham's leaf turtle
Thai: เต่าห้วยท้องดำ, dtao huai thong damm
Binomial name: Cyclemys oldhamii, John Edward Gray, 1863
Oldham's leaf turtle (Cyclemys oldhamii ) is a species of turtle in the family Geoemydidae.
Both the specific name, oldhamii, and the common name, Oldham's leaf turtle, are in honor of English plant collector Richard Oldham (1837-1864).
C. oldhamii is found in Bangladesh, in the terai of India, in Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, W Borneo, Sumatra and Java. In addition, Cyclemys oldhami shanensis - sometimes considered a distinct species due to its shell pattern, oft described as looking similar to aged meat - occurs from central Myanmar to Thailand and Cambodia. The type locality was originally given as "Mergui and Siam", and restricted to Mergui by Smith (1931).
A case of hybridization between a male Cyclemys (oldhamii) shanensis and a female Chinese stripe-necked turtle has been described.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Cyclemys oldhamii
- Oldhams Dornrandschildkröte
- Indochinesische Dornschildkröte
- Oldham’s leaf turtle
- Dark-throated leaf turtle
- Stripeneck leaf turtle
- เต่าห้วยท้องดำ, dtao huai thong damm
- เต่าใบไม้พม่า, dtao bai mai Phamaa
- Cyclemys cf. oldhami, Daniel Jastrzębski et al. (2013)
- Cyclemys oldhami tcheponensis, Uwe Fritz et al. (2009)
- Cyclemys oldhami, Uwe Fritz et al. (2009)
- Cyclemys shanensis, Maik Schilde (2004)
- Cyclemys shanensis tcheponensis, Emil Hans Willi Hennig (2004)
- Cyclemys oldhami, Edgar Lehr & Rohan Holloway (2003)
- Cyclemys tcheponensis, Thomas Ziegler (2002)
- Cyclemys shanensis, Daniela Guicking et al. (2002)
- Geoemyda tcheponensis, Uwe Fritz et al. (1999)
- Cyclemys tiannamensis, Indraneil Das (1991)
- Cyclemys tiannanensis, Kou (1989)
- Geoemyda tcheponensis, René Léon Bourret (1939)
- Geomyda tcheponensis, René Léon Bourret (1939)
- Cyclemys dhor shanensis, Nelson Annandale (1918)
- Cyclemys shanensis tcheponensis, Nelson Annandale (1918)
- Cylcemys dhor shanensis, Nelson Annandale (1918)
- Cyclemys oldhami, John Edward Gray (1864)
- Cyclemys oldhami, Albert Charles Lewis Günther (1864)
- Cyclemys oldhami, John Edward Gray (1863)
Not Evaluated (IUCN2.3)
Range map of Cyclemys oldhamii in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.