Species of Thailand
Asian leaf turtle
Cyclemys dentata, John Edward Gray, 1831
The Asian leaf turtle (Cyclemys dentata) is a species of turtle found in Southeast Asia. They are quite common in the pet trade; their carapaces resemble that of a Cuora amboinensis hybrid.
It is an omnivorous species that will feed upon vegetation, fish, insects, worms, and carrion.
The Asian leaf turtle will squirt its digestive system contents when it feels threatened.
Asian leaf turtles can grow 6 to 9.5 inches (15 to 24 cm) long and 4.5 to 6.5 inches in width.
The turtle can be found in North India, North-east India (Manipur), Bangladesh, Myanmar (Burma), Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, West Malaysia, Indonesia (Sumatra, Java, Borneo, Bali), Philippines (Palawan: Calamian Islands etc.), and China.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Cyclemys dentata
- German: Dornrandschildkröte
- Asian eaf turtle
- Brown stream terrapin
- Cyclemys entate sic, Zhou & Li (2007)
- Cyclemys dentate, Zhou (2006)
- Cyclemys dentata, Merel J. Cox et al. (1998)
- Cyclemys dentata, Ulrich Manthey & Wolfgang Grossmann (1997)
- Cyclemys dentata dentata, Franck Bonin, Bernard Devaux & Alain Dupre (1996)
- Cyclemys dentata, Ye Xiangkui (1994)
- Cyclemys ovala, Edward Harrison Taylor (1970)
- Cyclemis dentata, Goode (1967)
- Cyclemys belli, Malcolm Arthur Smith (1931)
- Cistudo diardi, Malcolm Arthur Smith (1931)
- Cyclemys dhor, George Albert Boulenger (1889)
- Cyclemys dhor, John Edward Gray (1873)
- Cyclemys dhor, John Edward Gray (1870)
- Cistudo orbiculata, Christian Gottfried Andreas Giebel (1866)
- Cyclemys ovata, John Edward Gray (1864)
- Cyclemys orbiculata, John Edward Gray (1864)
- Cyclemys bellii, John Edward Gray (1863)
- Cyclemys ovata, John Edward Gray (1863)
- Cistudo dentata, John Edward Gray (1857)
- Cyclemys dentata, John Edward Gray (1856)
- Cistudo diardii, André Marie Constant Duméril & Gabriel Bibron (1854)
- Emys diardii, Hermann Schlegel (1849)
- Cistudo (Cyclemys) dentata, John Edward Gray (1844)
- Clemmys (Clemmys) hasseltii, Friedrich Boie (1835)
- Cistudo diardii, André Marie Constant Duméril & Gabriel Bibron (1835)
- Cyclemys orbiculata, Thomas Bell (1834)
- Emys hasselti, Friedrich Boie (1831)
- Emys dentata, John Edward Gray (1831)
- Emys dhor, John Edward Gray (1831)
- Emys hasseltii, Friedrich Boie (1826)
- LR/nt -
Please help us review our species pages if wrong photos are used or any other details in the page is wrong. We can be reached via our contact us page.