Species of Thailand
Binomial name: Niltava grandis, Edward Blyth, 1842
The large niltava (Niltava grandis) is a species of bird in the Muscicapidae family. It is found in Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Thailand, and Vietnam. Its natural habitat is subtropical or tropical montane forests.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Niltava grandis
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
- Chiang Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Doi Inthanon National Park
- Doi Lang
- Doi Pha Hom Pok National Park
- Doi Phu Kha National Park
- Doi Saket District, Chiang Mai
- Doi Suthep-Pui National Park
- Hala-Bala Wildlife Sanctuary
- Huai Nam Dang National Park
- Khao Luang National Park
- Khao Soi Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khun Chae National Park
- Mae Wong National Park
- Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai
- Pha Daeng National Park
- Phu Hin Rong Kla National Park
- Phu Kradueng National Park
- Phu Luang Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phu Suan Sai National Park
- Umphang Wildlife Sanctuary
Range map of Niltava grandis in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.