Fulvus roundleaf bat
Binomial name: Hipposideros fulvus, John Edward Gray, 1838
The Fulvus roundleaf bat (Hipposideros fulvus) is a species of bat in the family Hipposideridae. It is found in Afghanistan, Cambodia, India, Laos, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and possibly in Vietnam.
Head and body length is 6-7cm. Forearms 4cm. Wingspan is 22-24cm. Very large ears with broadly rounded tips. Pelage can range from dull yellow, pale gray, and dull brown through golden orange. Usually dorsal surface is paler gray. Hair bases lighter than the tips. Ventral surface is lighter.
Known as මැලෑ කහ පත්-නාස් වවුලා in Sinhala, meaning same as English.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Hipposideros fulvus
- Fulvus leaf-nosed bat
- Fulvus roundleaf bat
- Hipposideros fulvus, Knud Christian Andersen (1918)
- Hipposideros bicolor, Knud Christian Andersen (1918)
- Phyllorhina atra, Leopold Fitzinger (1870)
- Phyllorhina aurita, Robert Fisher Tomes (1859)
- Rhinolophus fulgens, Walter Elliot (1839)
- Hipposideros murinus, John Edward Gray (1838)
- Hipposideros bicolor, John Edward Gray (1838)
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)