Species of Thailand
Fowlea flavipunctatus, Edward Hallowell, 1860
(In Thai: งูลายสอบ้าน, ngu lai sor baan)
The yellow-spotted keelback, Xenochrophis flavipunctatus, is a species of colubrid snake found in
India, Thailand, China, West Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia (Sumatra, Java, and Kalimantan) Its type locality is: Island of Hong Kong (Hong Kong) and Canton River?, China
IUCN includes Taiwan in the range of X. flavipunctatus, but excludes India, Malaysia, and Indonesia.
X. f. schnurrenbergeri of Nepal is now considered an independent species, Xenochrophis schnurrenbergeri.
Habitat and behaviour
X. flavipunctatus is a semiaquatic snake that occurs in slow rivers and streams, marshes, swamps, ponds, and lakes. It thrives also in wet human-modified habitats, including rice fields and ditches. It feeds on fish and frogs. It is diurnal.
Relations with humans
X. flavipunctatus is exploited in parts of it range to support snake farms and pigs and for use in snake wine.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Fowlea flavipunctatus
- German: Gelbflecken-Fischnatter
- Common keelback
- Yellow-spotted keelback
- งูลายสอบ้าน, ngu lai sor baan
- งูลายสอสวน, ngu lai sor suan
- Fowlea flavipunctatus, Jayaditya Purkayastha et al. (2019)
- Xenochrophis flavipunctatus, Van Stanley Bartholomew Wallach et al. (2014)
- Xenochrophis flavipunctatus, Patrick David & Gernot Vogel (2006)
- Xenochrophis flavipunctatus, Olivier S.G. Pauwels et al. (2000)
- Xenochrophis flavipunctatus, Ulrich Manthey & Wolfgang Grossmann (1997)
- Natrix piscator flavipunctata, Malcolm Arthur Smith (1943)
- Tropidonotus piscator ornatus, Frank Wall (1907)
- Amphiesma flavipunctatum, Edward Hallowell (1860)
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
Please help us review our species pages if wrong photos are used or any other details in the page is wrong. We can be reached via our contact us page.