Species of Thailand
Binomial name: Prinia polychroa, Coenraad Jacob Temminck, 1828
The brown prinia (Prinia polychroa) is a species of bird in the Cisticolidae family.
It is found in Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Its natural habitat is subtropical or tropical dry forests.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Prinia polychroa
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
- Doi Inthanon National Park
- Doi Pha Hom Pok National Park
- Khao Yai National Park
- Mae Ping National Park
- Mae Rim District, Chiang Mai
- Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai
- Mueang Kamphaeng Phet District, Kamphaeng Phet
- Mueang Nakhon Ratchasima District, Nakhon Ratchasima
- Mueang Tak District, Tak
- Nam Nao National Park
- Namtok Pha Charoen National Park
- Nong Bong Khai Non-hunting Area
- Pa Sang District, Lamphun
- Phu Khiao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Sakaerat Environmental Research Station
- San Sai District, Chiang Mai
- Ta Phraya National Park
- Thap Lan National Park
- Thung Salaeng Luang National Park
Range map of Prinia polychroa in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.