Species of Thailand
Gunung Raya green-crested lizard
Binomial name: Bronchocela rayaensis, Larry Lee Grismer, Perry L. Wood Jr, Anchelee Aowphol, Michael Cota, Mathew L. Murdoch, César Aguilar & Marta S. Grismer, 2015
This species split from Bronchocela cristatella, described in 2015. One of clearly visible characteristic that differs from other species in same genus is the white marking on the chin.
- Bronchocela rayaensis
- English: Gunung Raya green-crested lizard
- Bronchocela rayaensis, Larry Lee Grismer, Perry L. Wood Jr, Cheol Haeng Lee, Evan S. H. Quah, Shahrul Anuar, Ehwan Ngadi & Jack W. Jr. Sites (2015)
- Bronchocela cristatella, Larry Lee Grismer (2011)
- Bronchocela cristatella, Kelvin K. P. Lim et al. (2009)
- Bronchocela cristatella, Ulrich Manthey (2008)
- Bronchocela cristatela, Edmund J. Zimmerer (2004)
- Bang Saphan District, Prachuap Khiri Khan
- Kapo Waterfall Forest Park
- Kathu District, Phuket
- Khao Luang National Park
- Khao Nan National Park
- Khao Phanom Bencha National Park
- Khao Phra - Bang Khram Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Phra Thaeo Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Pu - Khao Ya National Park
- Khao Sok National Park
- Khlong Nakha Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khura Buri District, Phang Nga
- Kra Buri District, Ranong
- Lam Nam Kra Buri National Park
- Mueang Phang Nga District, Phang Nga
- Mueang Ranong District, Ranong
- Phuket Province
- Thalang District, Phuket
- Thale Ban National Park
Range map of Bronchocela rayaensis in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.