Species of Thailand
Boulenger's tree dragon
Binomial name: Acanthosaura crucigera, George Albert Boulenger , 1885
Acanthosaura crucigera is a species of lizards commonly known as Boulenger's pricklenape or masked horned tree lizard. They are found in Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia and Cambodia.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
In recent years several species like A. cardamomensis and A. phuketensis splitted off from A. crucigera.
- Acanthosaura crucigera
- Boulenger's tree dragon
- Boulenger's pricklenape
- Masked horned tree lizard
- Thai: กิ้งก่าเขาหนามสั้น
- Acanthosaura crucigera, Perry L. Wood Jr et al. (2010)
- Acanthosaura cf. crucigera, Larry Lee Grismer et al. (2008)
- Acanthosaura cf. crucigera, Tanya Chan-Ard et al. (1999)
- Acanthosaura crucigera, Merel J. Cox et al. (1998)
- Acanthosaura crucigera, Ulrich Manthey & Wolfgang Grossmann (1997)
- Acanthosaura crucigera, Heinz Wermuth (1967)
- Acanthosaura crucigera, Edward Harrison Taylor (1963)
- Goniocephalus armatus crucigerus, Malcolm Arthur Smith (1935)
- Acanthosaura horrescens, Axel Johan Einar Lönnberg (1916)
- Acanthosaura crucigera, George Albert Boulenger (1885)
- Erawan National Park
- Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kaeng Krachan District, Phetchaburi
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Khao Luang National Park
- Khao Nan National Park
- Khao Phra - Bang Khram Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khlong Saeng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kui Buri National Park
- Mueang Krabi District, Krabi
- Na Yong District, Trang
- Nam Nao National Park
- Phu Khiao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Sai Yok National Park
- Sri Phang-nga National Park
- Taksin Maharat National Park
- Tha Song Yang District, Tak
- Thale Ban National Park
- Thung Salaeng Luang National Park
- Umphang Wildlife Sanctuary
Range map of Acanthosaura crucigera in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
It is free to use this map on various media. See the creative common license terms by clicking "CC" icon below the map. But remember, again; the map may not be accurate or complete.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Biodiversity Survey & Species ID group on Facebook.