Species of Thailand
White-headed blind snake
Thai: งูดินหัวขาว, ngu din hua khao
Binomial name: Ramphotyphlops albiceps, George Albert Boulenger, 1898
Ramphotyphlops albiceps is a species of snake in the Typhlopidae family.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Ramphotyphlops albiceps
- German: Wiesskopf-Wurmschlange
- English: White-headed blind snake
- Thai: งูดินหัวขาว, ngu din hua khao
- Ramphotyphlops albiceps, Tanya Chan-Ard et al. (2015)
- Ramphotyphlops albiceps, Van Stanley Bartholomew Wallach et al. (2014)
- Indotyphlops albiceps, Stephen Blair Hedges et al. (2014)
- Typhlops albiceps, Larry Lee Grismer et al. (2010)
- Ramphotyphlops albiceps, Roy W. McDiarmid, Jonathan A. Campbell & T'Shaka A. Touré (1999)
- Ramphotyphlops albiceps, Alice Georgie Cruickshank Grandison (1978)
- Typhlops albiceps, Michael Wilmer Forbes Tweedie (1954)
- Typhlops albiceps, Malcolm Arthur Smith (1943)
- Typhlops malaisei, Carl Hialmar Rendahl (1937)
- Typhlops albiceps, George Albert Boulenger (1898)
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
No photo for this species yet
Range map of Ramphotyphlops albiceps in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.