Species of Thailand
Binomial name: Dicaeum minullum, Robert Swinhoe, 1870
The Plain Flowerpecker (Dicaeum minullum) is a species of bird in the Dicaeidae family.
It is found in the central Himalayas, through western Indonesia to Taiwan.
These birds are tiny (9 cm long) and there is no marked difference between the males and females. The subspecies found in northeastern India, extending into Myanmar, Laos and southern China is called olivaceum by earlier authors but is treated by Rasmussen as a separate species Dicaeum minullum (which includes the population minullum from Hainan Island and is now termed as the Plain Flowerpecker in the more restricted sense).
Behaviour and ecology
Its natural habitat is subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Dicaeum minullum
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
- Chae Son National Park
- Chiang Dao District, Chiang Mai
- Chiang Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Chiang Saen District, Chiang Rai
- Doi Inthanon National Park
- Doi Lo District, Chiang Mai
- Doi Pha Hom Pok National Park
- Doi Phu Kha National Park
- Doi Saket District, Chiang Mai
- Doi Suthep-Pui National Park
- Hala-Bala Wildlife Sanctuary
- Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Khao Laem National Park
- Khao Lak - Lam Ru National Park
- Khao Luang National Park
- Khao Soi Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Yai National Park
- Khlong Lan National Park
- Khon San District, Chaiyaphum
- Khun Chae National Park
- Khun Tan District, Chiang Rai
- Lan Sang National Park
- Mae Ai District, Chiang Mai
- Mae Fa Luang District, Chiang Rai
- Mae Moei National Park
- Mae Ping National Park
- Mae Rim District, Chiang Mai
- Mae Wong National Park
- Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai
- Mueang Nan District, Nan
- Mueang Nong Khai District, Nong Khai
- Nam Nao National Park
- Nong Bong Khai Non-hunting Area
- Pachee River Wildlife Sanctuary
- Pha Daeng National Park
- Phan District, Chiang Rai
- Phu Foi Lom National Park
- Phu Hin Rong Kla National Park
- Phu Khiao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phu Kradueng National Park
- Phu Langka National Park
- Phu Suan Sai National Park
- Sai Yok District, Kanchanaburi
- Taksin Maharat National Park
- Tat Mok National Park
- Tham Sakoen National Park
- Thap Lan National Park
- Thung Salaeng Luang National Park
- Thung Yai Naresuan Wildlife Sanctuary
Range map of Dicaeum minullum in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.