Species of Thailand
Assam mountain snake
Binomial name: Plagiopholis nuchalis (George Albert Boulenger, 1893)
Plagiopholis nuchalis, commonly known as the Assam mountain snake, is a species of colubrid snake. It is found in Yunnan (China), Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, possibly also in Assam region of India and in Vietnam. Specimens from Yunnan have been described as the subspecies Plagiopholis nuchalis kunmingensis.
This article uses material from the Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Please see license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Plagiopholis nuchalis
- German: Indische Halsbandnatter
- English: Assam mountain snake, Assamese mountain snake
- Thai: งูหัวลายศร
- Plagiopholis nuchalis, Van Stanley Bartholomew Wallach et al. (2014)
- Plagiopholis nuchalis, Frank Tillack et al. (2006)
- Plagiopholis nuchalis, Merel J. Cox et al. (1998)
- Oligodon kunmingensis, Zi-Tong Kou & Jie-Yun Wu (1993)
- Plagiopholis nuchalis, Malcolm Arthur Smith (1943)
- Plagiopholis nuchalis, Malcolm Arthur Smith (1940)
- Trirhinopholis nuchalis, Frank Wall (1921)
- Oligodon evansi, Frank Wall (1913)
- Trirhinopholis nuchalis, George Albert Boulenger (1893)
Assam mountain snake is found in following locations in Thailand
Please note that this non-official list is not complete nor necessarily accurate. This list is a summary of checklists from other websites, blogs, publications, photo/videos published on various websites or our own findings. We appreciate your contributions with photo proof.
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
No photo for this species yet
Range map of Plagiopholis nuchalis in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are generated automatically based on very limited data we have about the protected sites, the data is not necessarily accurate. Please help us to improve our range maps by sharing your findings/knowledge.