Species of Thailand
Oriental pied hornbill
Thai: นกแก๊ก, nok kaek
Binomial name: Anthracoceros albirostris, George Shaw & Frederick Polydore Nodder, 1807
The oriental pied hornbill (Anthracoceros albirostris) is a species of hornbill in the Bucerotidae family.
It is found in the Indian Subcontinent and Southeast Asia, ranging across Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Singapore, Thailand, Tibet, and Vietnam.
Its natural habitat is subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests. The oriental pied hornbill's diet includes wild fruit (especially figs, genus Ficus) and other fruit such as rambutans, along with larger insects and small reptiles such as lizards and frogs.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Anthracoceros albirostris
- นกแก๊ก, nok kaek
- นกแกง, nok kaeng
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
- Ang Thong National Marine Park
- Ao Phang-Nga National Park
- Ban Bueng District, Chonburi
- Chaloem Phrakiat Thai Prachan National Park
- Chiang Dao District, Chiang Mai
- Chiang Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Erawan National Park
- Hat Noppharat Thara - Mu Ko Phi Phi National Park
- Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kaeng Krachan District, Phetchaburi
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Kaeng Krung National Park
- Khao Ang Rue Nai Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Khitchakut National Park
- Khao Laem Ya National Park
- Khao Lak - Lam Ru National Park
- Khao Luang National Park
- Khao Nam Khang National Park
- Khao Phra - Bang Khram Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park
- Khao Soi Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Sok National Park
- Khao Yai National Park
- Khlong Saeng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khon San District, Chaiyaphum
- Khura Buri District, Phang Nga
- Ko Phayam
- Ko Phra Thong
- Ko Yao District, Phang Nga
- Kui Buri National Park
- Laem Son National Park
- Mae Wong National Park
- Mu Ko Samet National Park
- Mueang Krabi District, Krabi
- Mueang Phang Nga District, Phang Nga
- Mueang Phuket District, Phuket
- Nam Nao National Park
- Namtok Sam Lan National Park
- Pachee River Wildlife Sanctuary
- Pang Sida National Park
- Pha Daeng National Park
- Phu Chong Na Yoi National Park
- Phu Khiao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Pran Buri District, Prachuap Khiri Khan
- Sai Yok National Park
- Sakaerat Environmental Research Station
- Salak Pra Wildlife Sanctuary
- Samae San Island
- Samut Prakan Province
- San Kala Khiri National Park
- Si Racha District, Chonburi
- Si Sawat District, Kanchanaburi
- Sri Nakarin Dam National Park
- Sri Phang-nga National Park
- Takua Pa District, Phang Nga
- Tarutao National Marine Park
- Tha Yang District, Phetchaburi
- Thai Mueang District, Phang Nga
- Thung Yai Naresuan Wildlife Sanctuary
Range map of Anthracoceros albirostris in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
It is free to use this map on various media. See the creative common license terms by clicking "CC" icon below the map. But remember, again; the map may not be accurate or complete.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Biodiversity Survey & Species ID group on Facebook.