Species of Thailand
Binomial name: Geokichla citrina, John Aubrey Clarendon Latham, 1790
The Orange-headed Thrush (Geokichla citrina syn. Zoothera citrina) is a bird in the thrush family.
It is common in well-wooded areas of the Indian Subcontinent and Southeast Asia. Most populations are resident. The species shows a preference for shady damp areas, and like many Zoothera thrushes, can be quite secretive.
The Orange-headed Thrush is omnivorous, eating a wide range of insects, earthworms and fruit. It nests in trees but does not form flocks.
The male of this small thrush has uniform grey upperparts, and an orange head and underparts. The females and young birds have browner upper parts.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
Videos of Orange-headed thrush
- Geokichla citrina
- Zoothera cinerea
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
- Bang Pu Recreation Centre
- Bangkok Province
- Chiang Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Doi Inthanon National Park
- Doi Pha Hom Pok National Park
- Doi Suthep-Pui National Park
- Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Khao Khitchakut National Park
- Khao Lak - Lam Ru National Park
- Khao Luang National Park
- Khao Phra - Bang Khram Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park
- Khao Soi Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Sok National Park
- Khao Yai National Park
- Khlong Saeng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khon San District, Chaiyaphum
- Khuan Khanun District, Phatthalung
- Klaeng District, Rayong
- Ko Chang District, Trat
- Ko Samui District, Surat Thani
- Kui Buri National Park
- Laem Pak Bia
- Mae Moei National Park
- Mae Wong National Park
- Mu Ko Surin National Park
- Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai
- Mueang Krabi District, Krabi
- Mueang Phatthalung District, Phatthalung
- Mueang Ranong District, Ranong
- Mueang Suphanburi District, Suphan Buri
- Nam Nao National Park
- Pha Daeng National Park
- Phu Khiao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phu Suan Sai National Park
- Phutthamonthon District, Nakhon Pathom
- Sakaerat Environmental Research Station
- Sri Phang-nga National Park
- Tat Mok National Park
- Tha Yang District, Phetchaburi
- Thale Ban National Park
- Yan Ta Khao District, Trang
Range map of Geokichla citrina in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.