Species of Thailand
Thai: นกเขาลายเล็ก, nok khao lai lek
Binomial name: Macropygia ruficeps, Coenraad Jacob Temminck, 1834
The Little Cuckoo-Dove (Macropygia ruficeps) is a species of bird in the Columbidae family.
It is found in Brunei, China, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Macropygia ruficeps
- English: Little cuckoo-dove
- Thai: นกเขาลายเล็ก, nok khao lai lek
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
- Chiang Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Doi Inthanon National Park
- Doi Lang
- Doi Pha Hom Pok National Park
- Doi Saket District, Chiang Mai
- Doi Suthep-Pui National Park
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Laem Pak Bia
- Mae Wong National Park
- Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai
- Nam Nao National Park
- Nong Ya Plong District, Phetchaburi
- Phu Khiao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phu Suan Sai National Park
- Sai Yok District, Kanchanaburi
- Umphang Wildlife Sanctuary
Range map of Macropygia ruficeps in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.