Species of Thailand
Binomial name: Brachypteryx leucophris, Coenraad Jacob Temminck, 1828
The Lesser Shortwing (Brachypteryx leucophrys) is a species of chat. This species is now classified in the family Turdidae.
It is found in Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Thailand, and Vietnam. Its natural habitat is subtropical or tropical moist montane forests.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
Videos of Lesser shortwing
- Brachypteryx leucophris
- Brachypteryx leucophris, Josep del Hoyo et al. (2005)
- Brachypteryx leucophrys, Coenraad Jacob Temminck (1827)
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
- Chiang Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Doi Inthanon National Park
- Doi Pha Hom Pok National Park
- Doi Phu Kha National Park
- Doi Suthep-Pui National Park
- Erawan National Park
- Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Luang National Park
- Khao Soi Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Mae Wong National Park
- Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai
- Phu Hin Rong Kla National Park
- Phu Kradueng National Park
Range map of Brachypteryx leucophris in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.