Species of Thailand
Thai: นกอีเสือหลังเทา, nok e-seua lang thao
Binomial name: Lanius tephronotus, Nicholas Aylward Vigors, 1831
The Grey-backed Shrike (Lanius tephronotus) is a species of bird in the Laniidae family.
It is found in Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Russia, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Among the shrikes, they breed at the highest altitude. They are partial migrants, with some populations moving south in winter. They breed in summer from late May to early July. The nest is built in a bush and about 3 to 5 eggs are laid. The eggs are incubated by the female alone and incubation is begun even before the complete clutch is laid. The chicks hatch after 15–18 days and are taken care of by both the parents until the fledge after about two weeks.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Lanius tephronotus
- Thai: นกอีเสือหลังเทา, nok e-seua lang thao
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
- Bangkok Province
- Bueng Boraped Non-hunting Area
- Chae Son National Park
- Chiang Dao District, Chiang Mai
- Chiang Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Chiang Saen District, Chiang Rai
- Doi Inthanon National Park
- Doi Lang
- Doi Lo District, Chiang Mai
- Doi Pha Hom Pok National Park
- Doi Phu Kha National Park
- Doi Suthep-Pui National Park
- Fang District, Chiang Mai
- Huai Nam Dang National Park
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Khao Sanam Prieng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Yai National Park
- Khao Yoi District, Phetchaburi
- Khon San District, Chaiyaphum
- Khun Chae National Park
- Laem Pak Bia
- Lam Nam Kok National Park
- Mae Ai District, Chiang Mai
- Mae Fa Luang District, Chiang Rai
- Mae Ping National Park
- Mae Rim District, Chiang Mai
- Mae Wong National Park
- Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai
- Mueang Chiang Rai District, Chiang Rai
- Mueang Khon Kaen District, Khon Kaen
- Mueang Phetchaburi District, Phetchaburi
- Nam Nao National Park
- Nong Bong Khai Non-hunting Area
- Ob Khan National Park
- Pai District, Mae Hong Son
- Pak Thale
- Pha Daeng National Park
- Phu Hin Rong Kla National Park
- Phu Khiao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phu Kradueng National Park
- Phu Luang Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phu Ruea National Park
- Phu Soi Dao National Park
- Phu Suan Sai National Park
- Phu Toei National Park
- Phutthamonthon District, Nakhon Pathom
- Taksin Maharat National Park
- Tham Sakoen National Park
- Thung Yai Naresuan Wildlife Sanctuary
- Umphang Wildlife Sanctuary
- Wiang Lo Wildlife Sanctuary
Range map of Lanius tephronotus in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
It is free to use this map on various media. See the creative common license terms by clicking "CC" icon below the map. But remember, again; the map may not be accurate or complete.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Biodiversity Survey & Species ID group on Facebook.