Species of Thailand
Thai: นกหัวขวานใหญ่หงอนเหลือง, nok haa khwaan yai ngon leuang
Binomial name: Chrysophlegma flavinucha, John Gould, 1834
The greater yellownape (Chrysophlegma flavinucha) is a species of bird in the Picidae family.
It is found in Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Thailand, and Vietnam. Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests and subtropical or tropical moist montane forests.
Large, olive green woodpecker with prominent yellow-crested nape and throat. Dark olive green with grey underparts. Crown brownish and flight feathers chestnut barred with black. Bill often looks whitish.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Chrysophlegma flavinucha
- Thai: นกหัวขวานใหญ่หงอนเหลือง, nok haa khwaan yai ngon leuang
- Picus flavinucha
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
- Chae Son National Park
- Chiang Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Doi Chong National Park
- Doi Inthanon National Park
- Doi Lang
- Doi Pha Hom Pok National Park
- Doi Suthep-Pui National Park
- Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Khao Ang Rue Nai Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Laem National Park
- Khao Soi Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Yai National Park
- Khon San District, Chaiyaphum
- Kui Buri National Park
- Mae Charim National Park
- Mae Moei National Park
- Mae Ping National Park
- Mae Wong National Park
- Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai
- Nam Nao National Park
- Namtok Mae Surin National Park
- Namtok Pha Charoen National Park
- Omkoi Wildlife Sanctuary
- Pai District, Mae Hong Son
- Pang Sida National Park
- Pha Daeng National Park
- Phu Chong Na Yoi National Park
- Phu Khiao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phu Kradueng National Park
- Phu Phan National Park
- Sai Yok National Park
- Sakaerat Environmental Research Station
- Salak Pra Wildlife Sanctuary
- Taksin Maharat National Park
- Thap Lan National Park
- Thung Salaeng Luang National Park
- Thung Yai Naresuan Wildlife Sanctuary
- Umphang Wildlife Sanctuary
Range map of Chrysophlegma flavinucha in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
It is free to use this map on various media. See the creative common license terms by clicking "CC" icon below the map. But remember, again; the map may not be accurate or complete.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Biodiversity Survey & Species ID group on Facebook.