Species of Thailand
Binomial name: Pycnonotus flavescens, Edward Blyth, 1845
The flavescent bulbul (Pycnonotus flavescens) is a species of songbird in the Pycnonotidae family. Its name comes from flavescent, a yellowish colour.
Distribution and habitat
It is found in Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Burma, Thailand, and Vietnam. The subspecies P. f. leucops is endemic to the island of Borneo; it is sometimes considered a full species known as the pale-faced bulbul. The natural habitat of the flavescent bulbul is subtropical or tropical moist montane forests.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
Videos of Flavescent bulbul
Flavescent Bulbul - Doi Inthanon National Park
Pycnonotus flavescens, flavescent Bulbul, Kaeng Krachan National Park
Flavescent bulbuls, Phanoen Thung / Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Pycnonotus flavescens
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
- Chiang Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Doi Inthanon National Park
- Doi Pha Hom Pok National Park
- Doi Phu Kha National Park
- Doi Saket District, Chiang Mai
- Doi Suthep-Pui National Park
- Huai Nam Dang National Park
- Kaeng Krachan District, Phetchaburi
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Khao Yai National Park
- Khun Chae National Park
- Khun Sathan National Park
- Mae Fa Luang District, Chiang Rai
- Mae Moei National Park
- Mae Rim District, Chiang Mai
- Mae Taeng District, Chiang Mai
- Mae Wong National Park
- Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai
- Pa Sang District, Lamphun
- Pha Daeng National Park
- Phu Chi Fa Forest Park
- Phu Hin Rong Kla National Park
- Phu Kradueng National Park
- Phu Luang Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phu Ruea National Park
- Phu Soi Dao National Park
- Phu Suan Sai National Park
- Taksin Maharat National Park
- Tat Mok National Park
- Thong Pha Phum National Park
- Thung Yai Naresuan Wildlife Sanctuary
- Umphang Wildlife Sanctuary
Range map of Pycnonotus flavescens in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.