Species of Thailand
Binomial name: Zosterops erythropleurus, Robert Swinhoe, 1863
The chestnut-flanked white-eye (Zosterops erythropleurus) is a species of bird in the Zosteropidae family. It is found in Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Laos, Myanmar, Russia, Thailand, and Vietnam. The species is migratory, breeding in northern China and migrating to Southeast Asia in the winter. It is the most migratory species of white-eye. It breeds in poplar, alder and willow forests, thickets and groves, and winters in deciduous and evergreen forests, usually above 1000 m.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
Videos of Chestnut-flanked white-eye
- Zosterops erythropleurus
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
- Bang Pu Recreation Centre
- Bangkok Province
- Chiang Dao District, Chiang Mai
- Chiang Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Doi Inthanon National Park
- Doi Pha Hom Pok National Park
- Doi Phu Kha National Park
- Doi Suthep-Pui National Park
- Huai Nam Dang National Park
- Kaeng Khoi District, Saraburi
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Khao Dinsor (Chumphon Raptor Center)
- Khao Yai National Park
- Khun Nan National Park
- Lam Nam Kok National Park
- Mae Ai District, Chiang Mai
- Mae Fa Luang District, Chiang Rai
- Mae Ping National Park
- Mae Rim District, Chiang Mai
- Mae Sot District, Tak
- Mae Wong National Park
- Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai
- Mueang Nakhon Nayok District, Nakhon Nayok
- Mueang Tak District, Tak
- Nam Nao National Park
- Namtok Sam Lan National Park
- Nanthaburi National Park
- Nong Bong Khai Non-hunting Area
- Pang Sida National Park
- Pha Daeng National Park
- Pha Nam Yoi Forest Park
- Phu Chi Fa Forest Park
- Phu Foi Lom National Park
- Phu Luang Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phu Ruea National Park
- Phu Suan Sai National Park
- Samut Prakan Province
- Taksin Maharat National Park
- Taphan Hin District, Phichit
- Tham Sakoen National Park
Range map of Zosterops erythropleurus in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.