Species of Thailand
Asian emerald cuckoo
Thai: นกคัคคูมรกต, nok khak-khu mo-ra-kot
Binomial name: Chrysococcyx maculatus, Johann Friedrich Gmelin, 1788
The Asian emerald cuckoo (Chrysococcyx maculatus) is a species of cuckoo in the Cuculidae family.
It is found in Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Vietnam. Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests and subtropical or tropical moist montane forests.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Chrysococcyx maculatus
- Thai: นกคัคคูมรกต, nok khak-khu mo-ra-kot
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
- Bangkok Province
- Chae Son National Park
- Chiang Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Doi Inthanon National Park
- Doi Khun Tan National Park
- Doi Lang
- Doi Pha Hom Pok National Park
- Doi Phu Kha National Park
- Doi Suthep-Pui National Park
- Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kabin Buri District, Prachinburi
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Kamphaeng Saen District, Nakhon Pathom
- Khao Khiao - Khao Chomphu Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Khitchakut National Park
- Khao Luang National Park
- Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park
- Khao Soi Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Sok National Park
- Khao Yai National Park
- Khun Phawo National Park
- Lam Nam Kok National Park
- Mae Fa Luang District, Chiang Rai
- Mae Moei National Park
- Mae Ping National Park
- Mae Rim District, Chiang Mai
- Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai
- Mueang Nonthaburi District, Nonthaburi
- Mueang Phetchaburi District, Phetchaburi
- Nam Nao National Park
- Ob Khan National Park
- Pak Kret District, Nonthaburi
- Pha Daeng National Park
- Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya District, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya
- Phu Chi Fa Forest Park
- Phu Khiao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phu Suan Sai National Park
- Phu Toei National Park
- Phutthamonthon District, Nakhon Pathom
- Sai Yok District, Kanchanaburi
- Samut Prakan Province
- Taksin Maharat National Park
- Tat Mok National Park
- Thale Ban National Park
- Thap Lan National Park
- Umphang Wildlife Sanctuary
- Wat Phai Lom & Wat Ampu Wararam Non-hunting Area
Range map of Chrysococcyx maculatus in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
It is free to use this map on various media. See the creative common license terms by clicking "CC" icon below the map. But remember, again; the map may not be accurate or complete.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Biodiversity Survey & Species ID group on Facebook.