2.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
Our 2.5-day Khao Yai tour is perfect if you wish to start your adventure on a afternoon on first day of your arrival. It includes all general activities, visiting the major highlights and with a bit luck we may encounter wild elephants and/or other exciting animals.
The tour will start around 3:30pm on first day and comtinue in the wilderness from early morning until the evening on the second and third days.
Activities will include wildlife watching, hiking in the jungle, visiting the major waterfalls and viewpoints, swimming in a clear spring, daytime safari drives, a night safari drive and finally visiting Khao Yai's famous bat cave for watching "the river of bats".
Our trips starts and ends daily at your hotel or other pick-up or return location we agreed on.
Itineraries tends to get turned upside down, the following is just an example;
Day 1 - From 3:30 p.m.
The tour will start with two activities outside the national park's boundaries. The first stop will be a clear spring for a refreshing swim. We will than move to a cave where millions of bats will stream out to start their daily hunt for food at the sunset.
We will start with a slow drive through the national park on search for gibbons and other animals followed by a hiking through the jungle.
In the afternoon we will visit Haew Narok Waterfall which is Khao Yai's highest waterfall at the south end of the park. On the late afternoon we will continue exploring the park where elephants forage regularly.
After the dinner we will continue the tour with a night safari, by using spotlights we will search for nocturnal animals.
The last day will start with hiking in the jungle until lunch. On the afternoon we'll visit Haew Suwat Waterfall known from Leonardio Di Caprio's "The Beach" movie and possibly visiting a viewpoint with a wide vista over the jungle. Late on the afternoon we will do a final daytime safari in search for wild elephants and other wildlife. You'll be returned to your hotel around dinner time.
Where & When?
The tour starts from Pak Chong which is 2.5 hours away from Bangkok, easy to reach by bus, shuttle minivan. Private transfers by taxi or minivan can be arranged on request. Taxi transfer from Bangkok takes 2.5 hours, it costs 2200 THB one way and 3200 THB for a round trip within same day. Our tours are operated all year round.
Our tours are private trips, not joint tours, means no other people will join you. Our tours are all-inclusive except for the accommodation.
Please confirm with us before booking a hotel in Khao Yai area as we don't offer pickup if your hotel is too far away. Or because some hotel owners don't like their guests to be picked up by tour operators.
Expand to see the list of some popular hotels we pick up from
These are the most popular hotels booked by our guests, for other hotels, please ask us.
- Khao Yai Cottage | Khao Yai, from 42 USD
- Botanica Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 115 USD
- Lala Mukha Tented Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 100 USD
- Kirimaya Golf Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 117 USD
- Baan Kinlom Chom Daw Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 28 USD
- Muthi Maya Forest Pool Villa Resort | Khao Yai, from 234 USD
- Baan Saranya | Khao Yai, from 39 USD
- Apple Camp Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 46 USD
- The Frog Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 50 USD
- Belle Villa Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 55 USD
- Golden Mountain Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 56 USD
- Greenery Resort - Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 70 USD
- Prairie Hills Resort | Khao Yai, from 80 USD
- Palio Inn | Khao Yai, from 81 USD
- Phuwanalee Resort | Khao Yai, from 81 USD
- Balios Resort Khaoyai | Khao Yai, from 92 USD
- Romantic Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 98 USD
- Mandarin Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 139 USD
- Thames Valley Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 149 USD
- In Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 163 USD
|Group size||Rate per person|
|8 and up||4100 THB|
Tour rates include:
- Entrance fees (400 THB per person & day)
- English speaking guide
- Transportation from/to hotel or other meeting point
- All meals
- Snacks & fruit
- Drinking water
- Leech protection socks
Tour details in short:
- Duration: 2.5 days
- Type: Private tour
- Price: 4100 - 14800 THB per person
- Group size: 1 or more people
- Grade: Easy to moderate
- Transport: Safari vehicle
- Start: 3:30 p.m. (Day 1)
- End: 5 - 6 p.m. (Day 3)
What to bring:
- Long trousers
- Rain clothing
- Sweater or light jacket
- Hiking or sport shoes
- Swimming clothing
- Insect repellent
- Sunblock lotion
All Khao Yai tours
- 1-day wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 1-day wildlife tour with night safari in Khao Yai
- 1.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 3-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 4-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- Birdwatching tours in Khao Yai
- Photo tours in Khao Yai