1.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
Our 1.5-day Khao Yai tour is another alternative for a short trip, perfect if you wish to start your adventure on a afternoon on first day of your arrival.
The 1.5 day tour includes wildlife watching, hiking in jungle, morning and late afrernoon safari drives, visiting one of major waterfalls, visiting a viewpoint, swimming in clear spring and wathing millions of bats leaving a cave.
Our trips starts and ends daily at your hotel or other pick-up or return location we agreed on.
Our itineraries normally gets turned upside down; it is impossible to plan exactly, the following should be considered as an example itinerary:
Day 1 - From 3:30 p.m.
We start the first day right outside the national park boundries by swim in a clear spring and later during the sunset watch millions of migrating bats flow out from a cave.
We will start the morning by doing a driving safari along the road, looking for gibbons, hornbills and other wildlife. Afterwards we continue by foot into the jungle.
After the lunch break we'll visit Haew Suwat Waterfall, better known from Leonardio Di Caprio's "The Beach" movie and possibly visit a viewpoint with a wide vista over the national park. Late on the afternoon we will end the tour by driving safari in search for elephants.
In the early evening you will be returned to Pak Chong or to your hotel.
Where & When?
Khao Yai National Park is around 2.5 hours from Bangkok, easily accessible with public transportation with minivans being the fastest way. Our private guides will meet you in your hotel in Pak Chong -which is the nearest city- or anywhere between Pak Chong and Khao Yai National Park.
The park is open and accessible all year round but for night safaris we strongly recommend to avoid week-ends and public holidays when there are too many vehicles on the roads reducing chance to see animals significantly. The weather can be pretty cool during cold season around November to February, so a sweater is a must!
It is possible to spend the night in the park, but lodging is not included in the price.
Our tours are private trips, not joint tours, means no other people will join you. Our tours are all-inclusive except for the accommodation.
Please confirm with us before booking a hotel in Khao Yai area as we don't offer pickup if your hotel is too far away. Or because some hotel owners don't like their guests to be picked up by tour operators.
Expand to see the list of some popular hotels we pick up from
These are the most popular hotels booked by our guests, for other hotels, please ask us.
- Khao Yai Cottage | Khao Yai, from 43 USD
- Botanica Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 109 USD
- Lala Mukha Tented Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 102 USD
- Kirimaya Golf Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 119 USD
- Baan Kinlom Chom Daw Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 28 USD
- Muthi Maya Forest Pool Villa Resort | Khao Yai, from 238 USD
- Baan Saranya | Khao Yai, from 40 USD
- The Frog Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 43 USD
- Apple Camp Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 47 USD
- Belle Villa Resort Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 56 USD
- Golden Mountain Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 57 USD
- Phuwanalee Resort | Khao Yai, from 70 USD
- Prairie Hills Resort | Khao Yai, from 75 USD
- Greenery Resort - Khao Yai | Khao Yai, from 82 USD
- Palio Inn | Khao Yai, from 82 USD
- Balios Resort Khaoyai | Khao Yai, from 85 USD
- Romantic Resort & Spa | Khao Yai, from 89 USD
- atta Lakeside Resort Suite | Khao Yai, from 113 USD
- Mandarin Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 139 USD
- Thames Valley Khao Yai Hotel | Khao Yai, from 140 USD
- In Khao Yai Resort | Khao Yai, from 163 USD
|Group size||Rate per person|
|8 and up||2400 THB|
Tour rates include:
- Entrance fees (400 baht)
- English speaking guide
- Transportation from/to hotel or other meeting point
- Lunch (Day 2)
- Snacks & fruit
- Drinking water
- Leech protection socks
Tour details in short:
- Duration: 1.5 day(s)
- Type: Private tour
- Price: 2,400 - 8,800 THB per person
- Group size: 1 or more people
- Grade: Easy to moderate
- Transport: Safari vehicle
- Start: 3:30 p.m. (Day 1)
- End: 5 - 6 p.m. (Day 2)
What to bring:
- Long trousers
- Rain clothing
- Sweater or light jacket
- Hiking or sport shoes
- Swimming clothing
- Insect repellent
- Sunblock lotion
All Khao Yai tours
- 1-day wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 1-day wildlife tour with night safari in Khao Yai
- 1.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 2.5-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 3-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- 4-days wildlife tour in Khao Yai
- Birdwatching tours in Khao Yai
- Photo tours in Khao Yai