Species of Thailand
Thai: นกหัวขวานจิ๋วคิ้วขาว, nok hua khwaan jiu khiu khaw
Binomial name: Sasia ochracea, Brian Houghton Hodgson, 1836
The white-browed piculet (Sasia ochracea) is a species of bird in the Picidae family.
It is found in Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, India, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Thailand, and Vietnam. Its natural habitats are temperate forests and subtropical or tropical moist montane forests.
This bird utilizes bamboo to make nests and living areas. It uses its feet to pick up broken bamboo, and its beak to tear off bamboo that is partially broken.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Sasia ochracea
- Thai: นกหัวขวานจิ๋วคิ้วขาว, nok hua khwaan jiu khiu khaw
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
- Chae Son National Park
- Chiang Dao District, Chiang Mai
- Chiang Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Chiang Khong District, Chiang Rai
- Chiang Saen District, Chiang Rai
- Doi Inthanon National Park
- Doi Lang
- Doi Pha Hom Pok National Park
- Doi Phu Kha National Park
- Doi Suthep-Pui National Park
- Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Khao Laem National Park
- Khao Soi Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Sok National Park
- Khao Yai National Park
- Khlong Lan National Park
- Khun Tan District, Chiang Rai
- Kromluang Chumphon Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kui Buri National Park
- Mae Ai District, Chiang Mai
- Mae Moei National Park
- Mae Ping National Park
- Mae Wong National Park
- Muak Lek District, Saraburi
- Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai
- Mueang Chiang Rai District, Chiang Rai
- Mueang Chumphon District, Chumphon
- Mueang Lampang District, Lampang
- Mueang Tak District, Tak
- Nam Nao National Park
- Nong Bong Khai Non-hunting Area
- Ob Khan National Park
- Pai District, Mae Hong Son
- Pha Daeng National Park
- Phan District, Chiang Rai
- Phu Foi Lom National Park
- Phu Kradueng National Park
- Phu Langka National Park
- Phu Luang Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phu Sa Dok Bua National Park
- Phu Suan Sai National Park
- Phu Wiang National Park
- Ramkhamhaeng National Park
- Sangkhom District, Nong Khai
- Si Satchanalai National Park
- Sri Nakarin Dam National Park
- Taksin Maharat National Park
- Tat Mok National Park
- Tham Chao Ram Wildlife Sanctuary
- Tham Sakoen National Park
- Thung Salaeng Luang National Park
- Thung Yai Naresuan Wildlife Sanctuary
- Umphang Wildlife Sanctuary
Range map of Sasia ochracea in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.