Species of Thailand
Binomial name: Acridotheres burmannicus, Thomas Caverhill Jerdon, 1862
The Vinous-breasted Starling (Sturnus burmannicus) is a species of starling in the Sturnidae family. It is sometimes placed in the myna genus Acridotheres.
Distribution and habitat
It is found in Cambodia, China, Laos, Malaysia, Burma, Thailand, and Vietnam. In the early 2000s it has become an invasive species in Israel, alongside the Common Myna that invaded a few years earlier. Both populations seem to have started from individuals that escaped a bird park in Tel-Aviv.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Acridotheres burmannicus
- Poliopsar cambodianus
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
No photo for this species yet
- Ban Lat District, Phetchaburi
- Bang Lamung District, Chonburi
- Bang Phra Non-hunting Area
- Bang Pu Recreation Centre
- Bang Saphan Noi District, Prachuap Khiri Khan
- Bangkok Province
- Bueng Boraped Non-hunting Area
- Chaloem Phrakiat Thai Prachan National Park
- Hat Wanakon National Park
- Kabin Buri District, Prachinburi
- Kaeng Khoi District, Saraburi
- Kaeng Krachan District, Phetchaburi
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Kamphaeng Saen District, Nakhon Pathom
- Khao Ang Rue Nai Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park
- Khao Soi Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Sok National Park
- Khao Yai National Park
- Ko Sichang District, Chonburi
- Kui Buri National Park
- Mueang Chumphon District, Chumphon
- Mueang Kanchanaburi District, Kanchanaburi
- Mueang Nakhon Nayok District, Nakhon Nayok
- Mueang Phetchaburi District, Phetchaburi
- Mueang Ratchaburi District, Ratchaburi
- Mueang Suphanburi District, Suphan Buri
- Mueang Tak District, Tak
- Nong Ya Plong District, Phetchaburi
- Nong Yai Area Development Project Under Royal Init
- Pak Phli District, Nakhon Nayok
- Pak Thale
- Pang Sila Thong District, Kamphaeng Phet
- Pathio District, Chumphon
- Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya District, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya
- Phunphin District, Surat Thani
- Phutthamonthon District, Nakhon Pathom
- Ratchasan District, Chachoengsao
- Samut Prakan Province
- Sawi District, Chumphon
- Takua Pa District, Phang Nga
- Tha Takiap District, Chachoengsao
- Tha Yang District, Phetchaburi
- Thanyaburi District, Pathum Thani
- Thao Kosa Forest Park
- Thap Lan National Park
Range map of Acridotheres burmannicus in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.