Species of Thailand
Binomial name: Picus viridanus, Edward Blyth, 1843
The Streak-breasted Woodpecker (Picus viridanus) is a species of bird in the Picidae family.
It is found in Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand and perhaps Bangladesh. Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests and subtropical or tropical mangrove forests.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Picus viridanus
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
No photo for this species yet
- Ao Phang-Nga National Park
- Doi Suthep-Pui National Park
- Hat Chao Mai National Park
- Hat Noppharat Thara - Mu Ko Phi Phi National Park
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Khanom District, Nakhon Si Thammarat
- Khao Luang National Park
- Khao Nan National Park
- Khao Phra - Bang Khram Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khura Buri District, Phang Nga
- Kui Buri National Park
- Mae Wong National Park
- Mu Ko Lanta National Park
- Mueang Krabi District, Krabi
- Mueang Pattani District, Pattani
- Mueang Phang Nga District, Phang Nga
- Mueang Satun District, Satun
- Nong Plak Phra Ya – Khao Raya Bangsa Non-hunting
- Sirinat National Park
- Takua Pa District, Phang Nga
- Tha Yang District, Phetchaburi
Range map of Picus viridanus in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits and Parinya Pawangkhanant for their help with many range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.