Species of Thailand
Thai: นกอัญชันอกสีเทา, nok an-chan ok see thao
Binomial name: Gallirallus striatus, Carolus Linnaeus, 1766
The slaty-breasted rail (Gallirallus striatus) is a species of rail found in the Indian Subcontinent and Southeast Asia.
Breeding has been recorded in July near Dehradun in the foothills of the Indian Himalayas.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
Videos of Slaty-breasted rail
- Gallirallus striatus
- Thai: นกอัญชันอกสีเทา, nok an-chan ok see thao
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
- Ban Laem District, Phetchaburi
- Ban Phai District, Khon Kaen
- Bang Len District, Nakhon Pathom
- Bang Phra Non-hunting Area
- Bang Pu Recreation Centre
- Bangkok Province
- Bueng Boraped Non-hunting Area
- Chiang Saen District, Chiang Rai
- Doi Lo District, Chiang Mai
- Hat Noppharat Thara - Mu Ko Phi Phi National Park
- Kaeng Khoi District, Saraburi
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Kamphaeng Saen District, Nakhon Pathom
- Khao Phra - Bang Khram Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park
- Khao Sok National Park
- Khao Yoi District, Phetchaburi
- Klaeng District, Rayong
- Ko Libong
- La-ngu District, Satun
- Laem Pak Bia
- Mae Taeng District, Chiang Mai
- Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai
- Mueang Chonburi District, Chonburi
- Mueang Chumphon District, Chumphon
- Mueang Krabi District, Krabi
- Mueang Phang Nga District, Phang Nga
- Mueang Phetchaburi District, Phetchaburi
- Mueang Samut Sakhon District, Samut Sakhon
- Mueang Suphanburi District, Suphan Buri
- Nong Bong Khai Non-hunting Area
- Nong Ya Plong District, Phetchaburi
- Nong Yai Area Development Project Under Royal Init
- Pak Thale
- Pran Buri District, Prachuap Khiri Khan
- Samae San Island
- Samut Prakan Province
- San Sai District, Chiang Mai
- Thalang District, Phuket
- Than Sadet - Koh Pha-Ngan National Park
- Thanyaburi District, Pathum Thani
Range map of Gallirallus striatus in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.