Species of Thailand
Malayan smooth snake
Binomial name: Liopeltis tricolor, Hermann Schlegel, 1837
Commonly known as Malayan ringneck, Liopeltis tricolor is a species of snake found in Thailand, Indonesia, Brunei, Malaysia, Philippine Islands, Singapore and Vietnam.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Liopeltis tricolor
- German: Dreifarbige Halsbandnatter
- Malayan smooth snake
- Three-coloured ringneck
- Malayan ringneck
- Thai: งูสายทองมลายู
- Liopeltis tricolor, Van Stanley Bartholomew Wallach et al. (2014)
- Liopeltis tricolor, Nguyen Van Sang et al. (2009)
- Liopeltis tricolor, Merel J. Cox et al. (1998)
- Liopeltis tricolor, Ulrich Manthey & Wolfgang Grossmann (1997)
- Liopeltis tricolor, John Roscoe Hendrickson (1966)
- Gongylosoma tricolor, G. Hope Sworder (1922)
- Ablabes tricolor, Theodorus Willem van Lidth de Jeude (1922)
- Ablabes tricolor, George Albert Boulenger (1890)
- Cyclophis tricolor, Ferdinand Stoliczka (1873)
- Phragmitophis tricolor, Albert Charles Lewis Günther (1862)
- Cyclophis tricolor, Albert Charles Lewis Günther (1858)
- Ablabes baliodeiroides, Pieter Bleeker (1858)
- Liopeltis tricolor, Leopold Fitzinger (1843)
- Herpetodryas tricolor, Hermann Schlegel (1837)
No photo for this species yet
Range map of Liopeltis tricolor in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
It is free to use this map on various media. See the creative common license terms by clicking "CC" icon below the map. But remember, again; the map may not be accurate or complete.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Biodiversity Survey & Species ID group on Facebook.