Species of Thailand
Thai: เหยี่ยวทะเลทรายหิมาลัย, yiow tha-le sai hi-ma-lai
Binomial name: Buteo refectus, Allan Octavian Hume, 1875
The Himalayan buzzard (Buteo refectus) is a medium to large bird of prey that is sometimes considered a subspecies of the widespread common buzzard (Buteo buteo). It is native to the Himalayas and adjacent mountains of southern China.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Buteo refectus
- Thai: เหยี่ยวทะเลทรายหิมาลัย, yiow tha-le sai hi-ma-lai
- Buteo refectus, Leonid Aleksandrovich Portenko (1929)
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
- Bang Saphan Noi District, Prachuap Khiri Khan
- Chiang Dao District, Chiang Mai
- Chiang Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Chiang Saen District, Chiang Rai
- Doi Inthanon National Park
- Doi Lo District, Chiang Mai
- Doi Pha Hom Pok National Park
- Doi Saket District, Chiang Mai
- Doi Suthep-Pui National Park
- Khun Chae National Park
- Mae Ai District, Chiang Mai
- Mae Rim District, Chiang Mai
- Mae Taeng District, Chiang Mai
- Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai
- Nong Bong Khai Non-hunting Area
- Salawin National Park
- San Sai District, Chiang Mai
Range map of Buteo refectus in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.