Species of Thailand
Binomial name: Cisticola exilis, Nicholas Aylward Vigors & Thomas Horsfield, 1827
The golden-headed cisticola (Cisticola exilis) also known as the bright-headed cisticola, is a species of warbler found from India to Australia.
It is very similar in appearance to the zitting cisticola — however, in the breeding season males acquire a breeding plumage in which their head, throat and breast are a bright golden-orange colour, and their tails become shorter than in winter-plumage.
The species is found in rank vegetation in and around wetlands.
It is known as the finest tailor of the birds, often using stolen spiders' threads to stitch together its nest.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Cisticola exilis
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
- Ban Chang District, Rayong
- Ban Phai District, Khon Kaen
- Bang Len District, Nakhon Pathom
- Bang Pakong District, Chachoengsao
- Bang Phra Non-hunting Area
- Bangkok Province
- Borabue District, Maha Sarakham
- Bueng Boraped Non-hunting Area
- Chae Hom District, Lampang
- Chatturat District, Chaiyaphum
- Chiang Dao District, Chiang Mai
- Chiang Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Chiang Saen District, Chiang Rai
- Chum Ta Bong District, Nakhon Sawan
- Doi Inthanon National Park
- Doi Lo District, Chiang Mai
- Doi Suthep-Pui National Park
- Hang Chat District, Lampang
- Huai Chorakhe Mak Reservoir Non-hunting Area
- Huai Talat Reservoir Non-hunting Area
- Kabin Buri District, Prachinburi
- Kaeng Khoi District, Saraburi
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Kamphaeng Saen District, Nakhon Pathom
- Kanthararom District, Sisaket
- Kantharawichai District, Maha Sarakham
- Khao Ang Rue Nai Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park
- Khao Soi Dao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Yai National Park
- Khao Yoi District, Phetchaburi
- Khemarat District, Ubon Ratchathani
- Khlong Luang District, Pathum Thani
- Mae Ai District, Chiang Mai
- Mae Mo District, Lampang
- Mae Ping National Park
- Mae Rim District, Chiang Mai
- Mae Taeng District, Chiang Mai
- Mae Wong National Park
- Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai
- Mueang Chonburi District, Chonburi
- Mueang Khon Kaen District, Khon Kaen
- Mueang Lampang District, Lampang
- Mueang Lamphun District, Lamphun
- Mueang Nakhon Ratchasima District, Nakhon Ratchasima
- Mueang Pan District, Lampang
- Mueang Phetchaburi District, Phetchaburi
- Mueang Ratchaburi District, Ratchaburi
- Mueang Sukhothai District, Sukhothai
- Mueang Tak District, Tak
- Pa Sang District, Lamphun
- Pak Chong District, Nakhon Ratchasima
- Pang Sida National Park
- Phan District, Chiang Rai
- Phu Khiao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Sai Noi District, Nonthaburi
- San Sai District, Chiang Mai
- Sanam Bin Reservoir Non-hunting Area
- Sattahip District, Chonburi
- Tha Takiap District, Chachoengsao
- Wang Noi District, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya
- Wat Tham Erawan Non-hunting Area
Range map of Cisticola exilis in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits, Parinya Pawangkhanant, Ian Dugdale and many others for their contribution for range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.