Species of Thailand
Binomial name: Agropsar sturninus, Peter Simon Pallas, 1776
The Daurian starling (Agropsar sturninus), also known as the purple-backed starling, is a species of starling in the Sturnidae family. It is sometimes included in the genus Sturnus or Sturnia. It is found in Cambodia, China, Christmas Island, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, and Yemen. Its natural habitats are boreal forests and temperate forests.
Distinguished from previous species by its dark mantle and crown and narrow wing bar.
This article uses material from Wikipedia released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence 3.0. Eventual photos shown in this page may or may not be from Wikipedia, please see the license details for photos in photo by-lines.
- Agropsar sturninus
- Sturnia sturnina
Least Concern (IUCN3.1)
- Bang Pu Recreation Centre
- Bangkok Province
- Bueng Boraped Non-hunting Area
- Chiang Saen District, Chiang Rai
- Hat Yai District, Songkhla
- Kabin Buri District, Prachinburi
- Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Kamphaeng Saen District, Nakhon Pathom
- Kapong District, Phang Nga
- Khao Dinsor (Chumphon Raptor Center)
- Khao Lak - Lam Ru National Park
- Khao Phra - Bang Khram Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park
- Khao Yoi District, Phetchaburi
- Khlong Hoi Khong District, Songkhla
- Klaeng District, Rayong
- Ko Tao
- Laem Pak Bia
- Mu Ko Similan National Park
- Mueang Chumphon District, Chumphon
- Mueang Khon Kaen District, Khon Kaen
- Mueang Krabi District, Krabi
- Mueang Pattani District, Pattani
- Mueang Phang Nga District, Phang Nga
- Mueang Phetchaburi District, Phetchaburi
- Mueang Phitsanulok District, Phitsanulok
- Mueang Samut Sakhon District, Samut Sakhon
- Mueang Suphanburi District, Suphan Buri
- Mueang Surat Thani District, Surat Thani
- Mueang Tak District, Tak
- Nong Bong Khai Non-hunting Area
- Nong Yai Area Development Project Under Royal Init
- Pathio District, Chumphon
- Samut Prakan Province
- Tha Sala District, Nakhon Si Thammarat
- Thalang District, Phuket
- Wat Phai Lom & Wat Ampu Wararam Non-hunting Area
Range map of Agropsar sturninus in Thailand
Important note; our range maps are based on limited data we have collected. The data is not necessarily accurate or complete.
Special thanks to Ton Smits and Parinya Pawangkhanant for their help with many range data.
Contribute or get help with ID
Please help us improving our species range maps. To add a new location to the range map we need a clear image of the specimen you have encountered. No problem if you do not know the species, we will do our best to identify it for you.
For the location, please provide the district name or the national park/ wildlife sanctuary name.
Please post your images to our Thai Species Identification Help group on Facebook.